Summitracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
-83MONTESS- said:
...Another great person/place to deal with is Skip White Machining. He sells alot through Ebay and its very easy to contact him and get information, plus the prices are awesome!
2nd that. I got my heads, rockers, pushrods, and guide plates from them and they were great. They even upgraded my rockers from the standard ss ones to their top of the line, at no additional cost. Their customer service department was great too. Will also use them again.

I've spent alot of money with Summit and have never had an issue. I remember on more than one occasion where I ripped the box open, test fit the parts and got them all dirty and when they didn't fit returned them. Well I could clean the part not the cardboard box. Was refunded my money no questions asked every single time.

I agree with what was said above, Summit's site is alot easier to navigate than Jeg's.

Summit is also on eBay, and sometimes the prices are cheaper there with less shipping to compete with all the other companies

I, too, am another happy Summit customer.

Very quick delivery and great with returns also. I recieved parts ordered from Summit which is over 300 miles away that got to me before parts from Napa's warehouse that is 45 minutes away from me. Unfortunatly I'm not exagerating.
SUMMIT IS THE BEST!!!!

Summit has went above and beyond in the past for me. I once bought a proform 750 for my first 406 second pass down the track the squirter screw and needle got sucked into the #8 cylinder destroying a piston knicked a head and cracked a cylinder wall. Not what i would expect to happen with a brand new carb. So i called them up explained what happen. The tech guy said it not really are problem its the manufactures which i understood. Even with that being said told me to make a list of everything i would need to rebuild another motor and they would take car of me. Not going to say what they did but it was alot less then advertised pricing in there book. They got my bussiness from then on.

I have to agree. I have purchased a lot of parts from these guys and never had a single issue. If I can get something from the guys at the local speed shop, I will do that if they are close in pricing. But Summit is really hard to beat! Timo22

I have dealt with summit in the past. I do prefer them over jegs. Jegs website isn't that great. But I deal with Atec. Atec is owned.and operated by summit but is for businesses only. I pay a flat rate shipping fee and get a nice discount. I only do that if my work isn't direct with a company......I think that's cool they have that for companies.

There's various other vendors i've learned to be just as good as summit but specialize in what they sell. Ken at everyday performance is the newest in my book, he really hooked me up with a sweet Qjet setup, calibrated it to my motor, and even reached out to me personally here on the forums when i was asking around for help.

I go through SC&C (savitske classic and custom) for my suspension stuff, :evil: 'nuff said. I can't wait to wheel my car around tight turns with the new setup.

Dick miller at dickmillerracing hooked me up with allot of necessary hardware for building up an olds 403, he seems like a straight forward guy with a good rep. I picked up my crank girdle/ main studs, and cam thrust kit from him. He gave me some really helpful advice too.

I deal with comp cams directly, I've found it's better to just call them when your ordering a cam/ kit.

On the flip side, I've been burned by two places one of which i don't remember the name, and the other is Mondello performance. They've got a pretty bad rep mounting against them, and they screwed me for a set of head gaskets and an oil pump pickup. Btw Mondello performance isn't associated with Joe Mondello anymore, but you can still contact the old man if you google him. He's apparently got a new shop setup in Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor