Supercharger time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a 350 with the 144 blower. Check out the videos in the signature and on my channel for what I've done and feel free to ask questions.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Vortech S, Si, T or YSi or a Paxton Novi 2000 would be the blowers I would chose from. I spent several years working for a specialty shop installing superchargers on a lot of late model cars and trucks.
My personal opinion is that the Vortech and Paxton superchargers are higher quality than the Prochargers. They are also the only ones who have SAE white papers available. I have run several different model Vortech's on my own cars over the years and the T was my favorite. You just need to make sure you have the supporting fuel and timing retard modifications in place or your will wreak havoc on the engine. But the power increases are pretty amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: 5 users

Smack-it

Apprentice
Dec 31, 2018
I like the wagon, definitely don't see many around. I'll figure out what I'm gonna do this weekend and in a few weeks I'll put 1/4 mile times

Reactions: 1 users
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Here is the thread with the supercharger install.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
For me I would use a vortech/Paxton's supercharger setup so you dont have to worry about hood clearance issues also once everything gets installed.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Greasemonkey
Jul 17, 2018
I like the idea of a retro looking blower sticking out the hood of my car. I want it to look like I'm back in 1982 (I was never personally in 1982 at all) and I just saw The Road Warrior at the movies then squealed directly to the nearest speed shop and ordered a blower kit for my car.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I like the idea of a retro looking S/C sticking out the hood of my car. I want it to look like I'm back in 1982 (I was never personally in 1982 at all) and I just saw The Road Warrior at the movies then squealed directly to the nearest speed shop and ordered a S/C kit for my car.
imagine being able to have it on a clutch like in the movie?that'd be awesome..

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor