Suzuki Samuari with a 231 v6 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un4givin68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2019
Tulsa Oklahoma
Looks like you have an '82-ish CCC engine. Unfortunately that means it won't ever run right without the computer and wiring. For the sake of simplicity I'd probably look for an earlier non-feedback carb and an earlier HEI with vacuum advance. You can forgo the EGR and basically treat it like a late 70s 231 in the electrical and vacuum areas.
Also, don't expect a 231 to be much of a powerhouse. They were only ever intended to be a relatively fuel efficient method of keeping a car rolling. They could hardly get it rolling in the first place though.
Personally, it wouldn't have been my first choice for a Sammy swap but it's already there so I understand making the best of the situation.
The hei is vacuum advance I might have an eldelbroc laying around that might work I have a supercharged 3.8 that will eventually go in it when i get everything on that end figured out and as far as power house anything is when you upgrade from the 64 hp 1.3 lol it ran pretty good from what I heard with a slight miss to it have new cap rotor plugs wires and what not for it...... what does the ccc stand for I maybe mistaken seems like the guy before me changed that stuff out just half a**** it I’ll get some better pics later if the rain lets up and post them and see what you guys think

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The hei is vacuum advance I might have an eldelbroc laying around that might work I have a supercharged 3.8 that will eventually go in it when i get everything on that end figured out and as far as power house anything is when you upgrade from the 64 hp 1.3 lol it ran pretty good from what I heard with a slight miss to it have new cap rotor plugs wires and what not for it...... what does the ccc stand for I maybe mistaken seems like the guy before me changed that stuff out just half a**** it I’ll get some better pics later if the rain lets up and post them and see what you guys think
Ahh, I didn't see the vacuum advance in the pics. That's good. CCC is the computer controlled system. That carb had a black mixture control solenoid on the passenger side top. It needs the computer to control the duty cycle. It'll never, ever run right without it.

The pan should tell you what transmission you have. There's a chart that's been posted many times but I don't have it handy right now. Try a quick search.

Un4givin68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2019
Tulsa Oklahoma
Ahh, I didn't see the vacuum advance in the pics. That's good. CCC is the computer controlled system. That carb had a black mixture control solenoid on the passenger side top. It needs the computer to control the duty cycle. It'll never, ever run right without it.

The pan should tell you what transmission you have. There's a chart that's been posted many times but I don't have it handy right now. Try a quick search.
I’ve been reading about the pans I got greedy and should have searched sorry about that..... I guess I’m not seeing what your talking about on the carb is it in the passenger side front of the carb

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
20190507_073012.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Un4givin68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2019
Tulsa Oklahoma
Thank you that’s what I thought you were talking about I was looking for an actual knob lol not all here all the time I’m pretty sure me or my buddy will have a carb that will work on this thing I’m gonna try and get it wired up to run it my club has a wheeling trip coming up and I won’t have a true harness built for it before then but I can get enough electrical in it to take it out and play since my sidekick won’t be done in time be lucky to have it done for the big carshow June 1st I debuted it there last year and won best modified import mad a bunch of high dollar import cars mad with my mostly stock sidekick and hope to do it again and if this Buick V6 works out well it will probably get one honestly it’ll probably be the supercharged one lol gotta get the back finished and the 38s under it thank you for all your information I’m sure I’ll be driving you guys nuts before it’s all said and done

Attachments

• F8EACF04-001B-4E77-B02C-F1D2EE2BDD76.jpeg
    F8EACF04-001B-4E77-B02C-F1D2EE2BDD76.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 269
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Are there casting numbers on the transmission that identify that
Look for Metric on the pan for a TH200. Look for a stud on near the cooler lines on the trans case near the cooler lines for a TH250C. If not then you probably have a TH350C, if stock with the 3.8. You can lower highway RPM by 250 to 300 rpm with the torque converter locked up. As said, it will run pig rich with no timing control without the CCC. That plug on the carb and no vacuum advance canister on the distributor is a dead giveaway. You know the stock motor is sad when a carbed 3.8 is an upgrade, especially running that way.

Un4givin68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2019
Tulsa Oklahoma
Look for Metric on the pan for a TH200. Look for a stud on near the cooler lines on the trans case near the cooler lines for a TH250C. If not then you probably have a TH350C, if stock with the 3.8. You can lower highway RPM by 250 to 300 rpm with the torque converter locked up.
That’s if it’s the 350 locker correct I don’t know if this thing will ever see the road but we don’t have emissions anymore you should see the junk driving down the road it shows but if all goes well we have a dirt drag strip here would like to run it when it’s done just to see it’s originally only got 64hp 1.3 and only weights 2400 pounds may never need 4wd

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
You can get a non-computer carb off ebay

th200-11 pan bolts
th350-13 pan bolts
th250-stud on passenger side of case

• Informative

Un4givin68

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2019
Tulsa Oklahoma
You can get a non-computer carb off ebay

th200-11 pan bolts
th350-13 pan bolts
th250-stud on passenger side of case
I’ll check that out I think though between 3 or 4 of us we might have one but don’t want to wait to long so it’ll be here in time..... is there a suggested carb that everyone like to run like on most samurais we run a Toyota 4K carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor