T-top blunders?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavydutypete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2015
Alberta
Hey I was just wondering if any t-top car owners have ever broke a t-top any other way than accidentally dropping it, the reason I ask is I have seen some pairs of t tops for sale in the local classifieds and wondering if I should buy a spare set or if I'm wasting my money? Thanks

The set in question is a set with full latches and trim for $75

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
A spare set is always a bonus. Too many stories of idiot passengers going "what does this lever do?" at 70mph ...vandals with hammers, accidents, latch mechanisms breaking, you never know.... At this point, any spare parts you can squirrel away for cheap are bonuses.

Heavydutypete

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2015
Alberta
A spare set is always a bonus. Too many stories of idiot passengers going "what does this lever do?" at 70mph ...vandals with hammers, accidents, latch mechanisms breaking, you never know.... At this point, any spare parts you can squirrel away for cheap are bonuses.
True enough... I suppose it's gonna be hard to find if I do/ever have a problem

Thanks

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I had a friend who had a fbody t top and I guess he didnt have the latch all the way locked and while racing a 350z the t top flew right off! It was funny when all he came back with was just the brace part of it.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
I am always looking for a cheap spare set. I look at it this way - If I ever need one and I dont have it, Im going to be screwed. Then the only pair Ill be able to find will be like 350.00 or something.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
I would grab them. That is a good price if all parts there. I have 3sets in my garage just in case.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
T-tops GM sell for $200-300 here. $600 for 'American' t-tops w/ the aluminum accents! You should get the $75 t-tops before they are gone, yes. Don't be surprised if the glass is broke on 1 or both when you arrive. $75 too good to be true...

jphillips

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2014
Church Hill, MD
A kid I went to school with lent his iroc to his girlfriend. She had seen him take the t tops out going down the road. She tried it and lost one going down the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor