T-Top swap...'85 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

RynoC23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2012
Florida
Hey guys and gals. I have an '85 Monte with non locking T-Tops that the previous owner had RTVd into place. Needless to say, the first thing I did once I got it running was take a razorblade to them so I could use them. I have new weather stripping but these ratty looking Ts. I've found a set of LOCKING tops in really great shape off of an '87 Regal (haven't bought them yet though). I am under the assumption that all T-Tops fit any Gbody from '81 to '88, but is the same thing true for switching from NON locking to LOCKING T-Tops??? Will these locking '87 Regal Ts fit my non locking '85 Monte? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
Locking vs. non- locking- lock is contained within the t- top panel, no reason why it wouldn't interchange. Had an extra set of non locking tops come with my car when I bought it. Not sure what they're off, but they have a plastic trim around the outside edge of the glass which makes them too large for the opening. Not sure what's involved in removing this trim, didn't pay too much attention as my locking tops are fine. Just something to keep in mind.

RynoC23

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2012
Florida
Locking vs. non- locking- lock is contained within the t- top panel, no reason why it wouldn't interchange. Had an extra set of non locking tops come with my car when I bought it. Not sure what they're off, but they have a plastic trim around the outside edge of the glass which makes them too large for the opening. Not sure what's involved in removing this trim, didn't pay too much attention as my locking tops are fine. Just something to keep in mind.
My current non locking ones have a sort of plastic trim around the 3 sides. Kind of like the aftermarket door edge guards crap that you can get. Hadn't realized some have and some dont. I'll look into it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor