T tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Hey guys does anyone know where I could possibly find some pictures of what the area of the windshield/ t top frame is supposed to look like so I can try to reconstruct it some how. I have all the new stainless steel t top plates from gbodyparts.com I just need to fix the metal underneath them at the corner of the windshield. Does anyone know where I could find some information on this?

Heres what mine looks like right now by the way its not pretty....

IMG_0122.jpg

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not sure if you still need the info, but I just ran across your post. Here's a picture of my t-top before the restoration. Notice that there's some "black gunk" in the bottom corner. I put that in when I bought the car new in 1982 to protect against rust. It worked! It was driven year round for the first 4 years, then only in the summer. Now it's only driven in nice weather.

Hope this helps.

Andry

The full size picture is in my gallery.
thumb_Body_Disassembly_070.jpg

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
thanks for the info guys. as i sit here thinking about it i think my tops may be just too far gone to save and repair. so I guess my new question is, does anyone know where i may be able to find these pieces so i can cut out the old rotted parts and replace them. I live in buffalo, Ny so I dont think think there is much of a chance of finding a fust free g body in the junk yard around here haha. Well any help is greatly appreciated!!!! thanks guys!

st1nger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2011
dont know if you still need this but heres mine spot weld cutter lead bar torch and doner top is all you need

Attachments

• IMGP0380.JPG
    IMGP0380.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,741
  • Copy of ttype jon car 003.jpg
    Copy of ttype jon car 003.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 1,734

st1nger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2011
got any photos of progress vs finish product I found a doner t top in a pile of trash already cut off was just plain lucky replaced in about 4 hrs from starte to finish still have to finish it up working on new garage so I can start back to work on it just trying to rember all the part that have to go back :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor