t-tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndon

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2011
kansas city area
Have a set of non locking t-tops and need a picture of the rear area where the bar slides in to lock them down. Does it just bolt to the body? I know there is a little metal piece underneath but can't tell if it props it up so the tops lock in place. I have to pull down pretty hard to get them to lock and the backs don't line up!!!!!! This is all I need to finish my interior so hit me up asap if u can. Thanks in advanxe

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
lyndon said:
Have a set of non locking t-tops and need a picture of the rear area where the bar slides in to lock them down. Does it just bolt to the body? I know there is a little metal piece underneath but can't tell if it props it up so the tops lock in place. I have to pull down pretty hard to get them to lock and the backs don't line up!!!!!! This is all I need to finish my interior so hit me up asap if u can. Thanks in advanxe

Sorry I don't have a pic of whats behind the trim. Is this what you mean by the metal piece? How do you mean they don't line up? Line up with the roof line, each other or something else?

elno4.jpg

Pretty sure that piece is screwed on with two decent size screws. Did you have the trim off at all? Maybe pull it off and have a look? If those metal pieces were taken off, maybe thay got put back on the wrong sides? Just throwing ideas out :D
Don't worry, we'll figure it out

lyndon

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2011
kansas city area
Yep I needed a pic of what's behind the trim piece. It seems it way too low when I tighten the screws down. Kinda like I'm missing something to prop it up to the right height. When I put the trim on hole is way off.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I dont remember how much adjustment there is, but sounds like thats what you need to look at. I can try to get a pic after work for you if you're still stuck, but maybe note your current alignment and she if you can adjust it slightly opposite to how it is now.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
lyndon said:
Pics would be great if not to much trouble. Just seems like I'm missing a shim or something!!!

sh*t...my bad, I mowed the lawn when I got home last night, after an hour and a half of that I just came in and flopped. I forgot, lol. I'll see if I can get at it before work this morning, need to get the trim off.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Ok, here you go...

Here is a pic of mine all done up and working great...should be a little resistance locking them down...for a good seal
The tab is for screwing the trim to...the holes for screwing the lock socket to are elongated for adjustment. Mine seem to be adjusted toward the upper end of the elongated holes, for what it's worth.

2808h0y.jpg

Next pic is with screws backed off about a quarter inch, this gave me enough play to move the piece back and forth. Note: it took a well fitting Phillips bit on a socket to back those screws out, they were in snug. Make sure you don't round out the screw or you will have a ****ed time with it...

sutwd0.jpg

As said before, make a note of which direction it seems to be out of adjustment, dig in and move it to the required position.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor