t-tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

412CID

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2014
Does anyone know of a way to secure t-tops permanently or a better way than the factory,1 of mine flew out the other day at the track when I launched. :D

CutlassJ

Greasemonkey
Oct 30, 2008
Northwest Suburbs IL
If you want to still use them when not at the track just use duct tape.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Are you using regular or locking style T-tops?
You could just lock them but I suspect that the body is twisting so much that they are coming out of their sockets.
Is the rear seat braced and the frame boxed?
If you are looking for a permanent solution you could extend the locking arms so that they sit into the sockets further with round bar.

or
Hillbilly solution...run a motorcycle strap across the roof from window to window.

412CID

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2014
88hurstolds said:
Are you using regular or locking style T-tops?
You could just lock them but I suspect that the body is twisting so much that they are coming out of their sockets.
Is the rear seat braced and the frame boxed?
If you are looking for a permanent solution you could extend the locking arms so that they sit into the sockets further with round bar.

or
Hillbilly solution...run a motorcycle strap across the roof from window to window.
car has a 14 point cage mid-high 9's,Im going to check the latching arms as soon as my new one gets to the house to see how far the arms go into the socket and adjust to make the arms on the tops go in furtherinto the socket and then silicone both down.hopfully that will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor