t type shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
car had backfiring problems changed fuel pump and filter fixed that was running like a champ for a while then it got this shake/exhaust seems loud so i changed plugs/wires/coil pack no cheapo sh*t like the guy i bought it off had on it and it runs better but didnt address the problem exhaust still sounds funny/has shake. its driving me nuts because it was running fine then i pull up in the house and an hour later go to mcdonalds and boom its driving funny :wtf: someone said it might be a clogged injector someone help!!! please!

changed the fuel pressure regulator and the shakes are gone most of the time they come back occasionally??? and as for power it still isnt feeling right im gonna list everything ive done to the car and maybe someone can tell me what else i can possibly do.

new fuel pump
new fuel filter
new FPR
platinum delco plugs (excuse my language but he had FKN 1 DOLLAR AUTOLITES WTF!!!)
bwd coil pack
delco wires
spectre air filter
cleaned the throttle body
cleaned MAF

i even cleaned the rust off the grounds for the fuel pump

thats what i can think of what ive done since i bought it, about a month ago

another thing i noticed if i completely floor it the car seems to not get enough fuel or something but wtf!! i changed everything but the fuel lines lol and another thing the freakin bottom of the tank has like dirt or sand ive never droped a tank before i changed the fuel pump easy cause the guy before just cut a hole in the trunk best idea ive ever seen. is it possible that the dirt and stuff is messing up this fuel pump too? someone told me that with the strainer and having the fuel pump a little above the bottom of the tank it doesnt matter but im skeptical.

feedback is apreciated!!

one more thing im only twenty and havnt had much experiance yet with cars so bare with me people

Is that electric ignition or points and condensor.... what style distributor? also cheak your vac. lines make sure there not dry rot or colapsed... then recheak your fireing order.... if u gotta miss when you running , go under the hood in the dark to look for sparks or arks... cheak for leaks around the throttle body with stater fluid spray while running...hope you figure it out....

outlaw71 said:
Is that electric ignition or points and condensor.... what style distributor? also cheak your vac. lines make sure there not dry rot or colapsed... then recheak your fireing order.... if u gotta miss when you running , go under the hood in the dark to look for sparks or arks... cheak for leaks around the throttle body with stater fluid spray while running...hope you figure it out....
Car doesnt have a distributer it has coil pack and ignition module.

Well considering you thought it was getting hot maybe it was. Its possible you blew a headgasket how does the oil look. I blew hg on 86 into lifter valley coolant was clean along with oil car idled fine but once under boost ran like crap popped lacked power etc. Car did not smoke nothing. Did a leak down test sure enuff had a problem. I would do a compression check/ leakdown. And if oil is milky looking do not run it coolant is like sandpaper on bearings.

O ya i also blew a second set of hg still ran but blew gasket out below exhaust manifold sounded like a exhaust leak. Same as above as far as running. Never got coolant in oil.

Have you tried putting a vacuum gauge on it? all the grounds are good and clean?

anakputa said:
Have you tried putting a vacuum gauge on it? all the grounds are good and clean?
I know you would think that would show a problem on his car but my gn both times with a bad hg pulled 20 vac with good and bad headgaskets. But you never know. Its a turbo buick they are know for hg and are very tempermental.

chevy2480 said:
Well considering you thought it was getting hot maybe it was. Its possible you blew a headgasket how does the oil look. I blew hg on 86 into lifter valley coolant was clean along with oil car idled fine but once under boost ran like crap popped lacked power etc. Car did not smoke nothing. Did a leak down test sure enuff had a problem. I would do a compression check/ leakdown. And if oil is milky looking do not run it coolant is like sandpaper on bearings.

O ya i also blew a second set of hg still ran but blew gasket out below exhaust manifold sounded like a exhaust leak. Same as above as far as running. Never got coolant in oil.
i was thinkin the same

chevy2480 said:

ditto, I had few head gaskets that ended up being bad but had no obvious symptoms. like oil in the coolant or vice verca.

wade

Dunno but http://WWW.gnttype.org troubleshooting might help. Ideally you should invest in an inexpensive scan tool like a scanmaster especially if you plan to getn up the wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor