Taking a trip to PULLAPART tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys I am back. I am pretty happy with my finds.

I got that passenger inner fenderwell for you montecarlo-ts. PM sent about it.

Art, I was not able to get the mounts you needed. Sorry.

am4blue, I sent you a PM as well. The Regal was picked almost clean.

Respected Cutlass, the Regal bumper fillers were nonexistent.

Bonnewagon--did not see what you were looking for. The Grand Prix they had was a LJ! I did get the fenderwell to radiator braces, door sill plates, console, 4 spd auto shifter and cover plate, though. May see about fitting that in my Salon, if no one decides they want to buy it (them).

chriscutlass---the one cutlass they had didn't have a front emblem on the header. WAs't euro either.

There were NO braces for the trunk/backseat. That LJ was picked clean too, except for the ttops in the trunk, and the good looking bucket seats I wish I could have gotten. They are there, I just didnt have time to get all I wanted.
I did pick up (2) good cutlass quarter panel/taillight extensions, (2) sill plates, I scored the rear license/reverse light Grand Prix trim and lights, (1) Grand Prix emblem, (1) LJ emblem (2) Cutlass Supreme emblems, (1) Oldsmobile trunk emblem, some MC dash gauge surrounds (1) blue, (1) maroon), (2) dash vent pieces under the steering column (1 gray 1 maroon),I am sure I am forgetting some things.
I am going to post these in my gallery under a PULLAPART album.

Let me know if any of these things you need. May take an hour or three to get all my pix sent and set up.

Thank's for looking papabearxl, I appreciate the effort.

No problem. You're welcome.

Really want to go back, but with daily schedules I don't know when I can.

I have today off, kids in school, so I was able to go. Love that place!

Me and the wife also made a trip to Pull A Part today, Two Gbody's, one 83 cutlass and and a Buick Riviera something or other. Both pretty stripped. Couldnt find any center consoles that i was interested in to fab up, so it looks like its time to build one. I also have some pictures i will upload in a bit!

I found the console from the Grand Prix. Pretty much all but the top. Never saw a GP console before. Pretty nice. Has hvac vents on the sides of it to.

Still can't get my pics to load in my gallery!

Never had a problem before! Doing it like I always do........dagnabbit.

If anyone wants me to email a pic to them, shoot me an email at [email protected]

my local yard has had very few g bodys in there,never keeps them around long enought to snag parts. most of the older cars get crushed as they come in, and im left lookin at rows of worthless cash for clunker vehicles. i was there a few weeks ago, and got excited about some vortec heads, well seconed glance at the core support, there it was the sticker. the only g bodys that seem to have come through there are the ones i send when im done stripping them for all there worth. only 2 i know of recently werent from me, one was an 85 ? ss monte carlo they wanted to sell whole for a grand, and wouldnt part out, it got crushed, i couldnt get another car at the time, and the one that that made me damn near break down was pulling up the driveway to see the hammer comin down on a mint malibu wagon, it was quite the shiny pankake, i really did cry, cause i have always wanted a wagon. just sayin id be happy to have even a few fairly stripped out g bodys here, cause at least ited keep me optimistic haha.

my local yard is the same way. ive been going for years hoping to find a monte carlo i can get parts from. ive never seen one come through. only seen one cutlass and it didnt have anything worth taking. i know another yard near me had atleast 2 but its the type they wont let you in. g bodies around here dont last long with all the dirt track and circle track racers

They had 5 Montes.

Most were picked clean, or tore all to hell. I did get some cluster surrounds though, and 2 of the trim pieces that are under the column with the vents in them.

They were supposed to have 2 Grand Prix, but only one was there. The row the other was in was empty. No cars whatsoever. I figure they were all crushed............ :x :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor