TAPPING INTO FUSE BOX QUESTIONS

yea, they are. my fuse panel is like yours, although some of the white ink is fading on some of the contacts... i think it was during their stamping cause some are clear and some are just legible. yep already fused, i just had a spade going into the terminal ports and they kept popping out thats why i wanted those taps

what i was told was the ECM/PCM is calibrated with a certain sequence of identifying #'s associated with each TPS so for example, now 3 sensors have the same and the new one is different, this new one is uncalibrated, some are clones and will mimic what the ECM/PCM has stored and dont need calibrated, daughter said after getting home her light was still on. i might go ahead and try to disconnected the + cable on her battery and wait about 20 min. then reconnect and see if it clears
If you have it, maybe check the owners manual too...I got conflicting info off the web for the Vette TPMS and the procedure was outlined therein.

Wish they would make them all standardized, but that would make too much sense...

Reactions: 1 user
If you have it, maybe check the owners manual too...I got conflicting info off the web for the Vette TPMS and the procedure was outlined therein.

Wish they would make them all standardized, but that would make too much sense...
Well, with them all being different each company still gets to charge whatever they choose for service and they're not competing with one another. Everyone but the customer is happy. As far as it being overly complicated it's right up there with resetting the oil change light or the clock/radio presets- I just don't have the patience to play that game. There's no payout.

TPMS is great if you drive a semi or pull a large trailer because you could lose pressure and never know, but when it comes to passenger vehicles it's just another opportunity to confuse the consumer and convince them they need to pay a professional for unnecessary service of unnecessary parts. Like how it's illegal to pump your own gas in some states and people not only accept it, they push for it.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor