Temp and oil gauge not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Well after driving it home today the temp gauge does work, driving home down the interstate at 65 the temp never reached 200. Even after getting off the interstate and doing 40 it never spiked like i thought it would. Is there a chance that its still mis reading seeing that it never reached 200 or is everything fine and it just runs like it should?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It hasn't exactly been hot here the last few days so I would say it's normal. My Olds with a 355 SBC and a stock 3 core radiator runs under 200 degrees in the middle of summer in rush hour traffic according to the gauge I have screwed into the thermostat housing-and that's on a 95 degree day.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Since nobody seems to have a solid solution for you I'll throw in my 2 cents...since the tach is misreading also, it wouldn't seem to be just gauge connections. Therefore I'm leaning toward the printed circuit unit or the main connector or a ground related to the whole assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor