temp light turning on but not over heating?? help

Status
Not open for further replies.

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
so i picked up the car last saturday from the mechanic. he did a tune up replaced all belts, a few hoses. on the way home i noticed the temp light was on.. its not bright so i didnt noticed when it first turned on. it took me about another 45 minutes to get home and i got there no problems. everything seemed fine... then i took it out again last night light turned on right away. same thing drove it for about 2 hours nothing happened runs good no problems. i ordered a new coolant bottle and cap cuz it seems to not make a tight seal. also replacing thermostat this weekend.. any ideas why temp light is turning on??

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
May be your temp sensor or the connection itself. That's what happened to my cutlass when I got it overhauled years back. Light would come on an it turned out the guy cut it off and tried hiding it by taping it
Up. I have a 3.8 v6 so my wires were brown and yellow I believe. It's an easy fix and inexpensive. Like 30$ or the connection an sensor. Give or take a few bucks I don't remember

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
ok thanks ill have to check that out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor