Temperature Gauge working intermittently

DWCaprice2017

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2019
Hi, All!
I have an '84 Caprice sedan, 305 engine. While driving along during the day, I noticed that the Temperature Gauge and the Fuel Economy Gauge weren't working,
also the headlight warning tone wasn't working. I suspect the Fuel Gauge wasn't working too, but the needle's been wonky for awhile, so I'm not sure. After making
a stop, the Temperature Gauge was working again...for awhile, then stopped. A few years ago, I had some melted wire insulation that caused a short, requiring the
mechanic to raise the car and remove the starter to get to the wires. With that, I didn't have instrument panel lights, nor headlights and interior lights.

I figure if it was a blown fuse, the Temperature Gauge wouldn't have "come back to life", so I'm thinking that it's another group of wires that's grounding out.
Bye,
Daniel

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
How good are you with automotive electrical wiring?. Seems like you have 3 separate things going on here.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor