Terrible Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

White85SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2015
Staten Island, NY
So I received my 85 SS in October from Florida. During transport, the car was damaged....severely. I've been fighting with them ever since. Still no progress. The driver denies everything meanwhile I have pictures of the car in Florida and then pictures of her on the truck. What can I possibly do? The car's in the body shop because I can't stand looking at her all damaged. Lucky for me, there's a gentleman I met at a local swap meet in New Jersey that has parts. And when I say parts, I mean he has well over 30 G-Body's. His yards are known as the G-Body graveyard. That's been my only saving grace through this whole ordeal. Some guy destroys my car, and I have to foot the bill. Incredible

Tim Fortier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2016
D-F, Maine
During my service I had my car shipped. I learned that there are things they will pay for and others they wont. Luckily I only lost a rearview mirror. But I have seen some significantly damaged cars. What it boils down to is the agreement forms you filled out. Did they walk over the car to inspect it before moving it. Were you present if they did. If this wasn't done and you don't have a contract it becomes very difficult to win this war. That's wicked crappy to hear but I hope that there is some kind of paperwork involved. For your sake!

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Wow what a horrible story. Sounds like you need to take legal action and Robert Shapiro on your side lol.

79CMC

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Damn sorry to hear that. I'm moving and thought about having my Monte commercially hauled the 500 miles, but wondered what my recourse would be if the car was damaged, so I'm doing it myself now ha.

I'd send a certified letter (be polite) to the company requesting reimbursement for the damages; an estimate from a body shop (or an appraisal from an insurance company) to back up your numbers would help. Keep a copy of the letter and proof that it was delivered. I'd imagine there's some sort of liability/property damage insurance clause, even in the most generic sense, in whatever transportation paperwork you signed. If the company doesn't acknowledge your certified letter, start preparing a small claims case. I'm not a lawyer by any means, and this is definitely not legit legal advice, but it's just what I've done. I took the guy who did a terrible job installing heads and cam while I was deployed to small claims court to get some of my money back after his work destroyed my engine. Laws vary from state to state and maybe even county to county, but you should be able to represent yourself and there is no jury, only a judge, so if you make a common sense case (pictures, contracts, the certified letter that was ignored, get the company to admit under oath they did something wrong), you may win. Collecting on the judgment is a whole 'nother story, but that's the direction I'd go.

Oh, and I'd post up on whatever medium you can (Google reviews, facebook, forums, etc) the company's name and the terrible job they did to warm others.

djife1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2015
NY
So I received my 85 SS in October from Florida. During transport, the car was damaged....severely. I've been fighting with them ever since. Still no progress. The driver denies everything meanwhile I have pictures of the car in Florida and then pictures of her on the truck. What can I possibly do? The car's in the body shop because I can't stand looking at her all damaged. Lucky for me, there's a gentleman I met at a local swap meet in New Jersey that has parts. And when I say parts, I mean he has well over 30 G-Body's. His yards are known as the G-Body graveyard. That's been my only saving grace through this whole ordeal. Some guy destroys my car, and I have to foot the bill. Incredible

Sorry about your car. What is the contact name and number for the Gbody guy in NJ. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor