th200c to th400 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
1985Diablo said:
You could be right, on the other hand, the 88 ta 305 is a chevy engine, so will the flex plate from a th200c work on a TH400?
nope

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 263

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
1985Diablo said:
You could be right, on the other hand, the 88 ta 305 is a chevy engine, so will the flex plate from a th200c work on a TH400?

It's possible. Does the flexplate you have now have 3 or 6 holes in it for the convertor to bolt to? If it only has 3 I would measure the bolt hole circle diameter and compare it to the the convertors bolt hole diameter.

1985Diablo

Apprentice
May 4, 2009
Brick, NJ
Oh, the last two postings just cleared it all up.

UM, has ANYONE done this, if so please let me know if I need another flexplate.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Like I said if the your flexplate has six holes in it then it will work. One of the patterns will be right. If there is only 3 holes then you will need to measure to see if it matches the convertor. Or you can just go spend the money on a flexplate for your 305 that has the dual pattern and put it on, however you might just be wasting your money if you don't go out and look at your first. Not that hard to do.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
By looking at that picture, that would seem right. HoweverI'm thinking more like 3 inches for some reason. The best thing to do is measure anyway. If you are having a driveshaft built then the builder will want specific measurement anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor