TH350 2-3 Accumulator Piston Interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I'm almost done with the rebuild on my TH350 and I've run into a problem. While trying to replace the 2-3 Accumulator Piston in the valve body it broke. GM used to use an aluminum piston and then switched to a plastic one. Mine is the plastic kind.

20170413_000427-768x1365.jpg

20170413_000535-768x1365.jpg

I called the local transmission shop to see if they have one and I'm waiting on them to get back with me. I can order one if I have to buy that'll put me even further behind.

Does anyone know if another GM transmission uses the same Accumulator Piston? I can probably go dig through the transmission cores at my old job and get one if I knew which transmission to look in. This is the accumulator in the valve body.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Not positive but I think it is 350 only. I have a spare valve body that I could pull an aluminum for you , but I am in St. Louis...timo22

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I got one. It pays to make friends with your local transmission shop. I went and talked to Shawn, the owner of a local shop. He's my local go-to guy for transmission advice and parts. I told him what I was needing and he went into the back of his shop where he keeps cores and spare parts. He pulled me an aluminum piston and sold it to me for $5. He's supposed to have my trans cooler flushed out and ready to pick up tonight.

20170413_120847-1024x576.jpg

If anyone knows for sure of another Accumulator Piston that will interchange, I would still like to know.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor