th350 84 gp

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
hi everyone im new to working on g bodys i have a 1984 grand prix i put a turbo 350 in it and am having problems with what shifter cable i need the one for the car wont link right to the trans but will on the console how do i go about getting the right setup scince the gp never came stock with a th350 :?:

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas
You need the console shifter cable correct? If thats the case, buy one for an 84 Monte Carlo SS. They came from the factory with a lockupTH350 and a console shifter. You will also need the correct bracket that attaches to the pan bolts. I believe I ordered a bracket from year one. Or you could eliminate all this by purchasing an aftermarket shifter such as a B&M. I have swapped everything from a 700R4, TH350, and a 2004r transmission into my 84 Monte SS using the same shifter, linkage and brackets.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor