TH350 - how hard of a launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you flash the converter it should leave harder, my car does. I'm runin 4.11s with 3200 stall. I'm leavin off a line lock as well

stage the car at the lowest possible rpm it will take full throttle from. when you hammer the throttle the car wont move instanly it will "flash" to the max stall your converter has. mine is 3200rpm. most of the time the advertised stall is the "flash" stall. by flashing the converter you get mre of a dumping the clutch affect

th350 dont like shifting abuse like neutral drops, a nice stall converter would do or even a trans brake.

Minion1186 said:
th350 dont like shifting abuse like neutral drops, a nice stall converter would do or even a trans brake.
I was told to stay away from a trans brake on a th350 from a bunch of local speed shops. Was told the TH350 will just break they dont hold up. I guess it a damn if you do damn if you dont sitution.

Yeah for a trans brake you really got to put a lot of money into a th350 in order for it to last. A good upgrade though for a stock trans that I did with mine is a hardened intermediate roller clutch, wide bearing for the direct drum, machining the direct drum piston to accept 5 frictions and steels, and use 4 bearings in sun shell gear assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor