TH350/T-5 speedo gears (Help!)-

Status
Not open for further replies.

stationwagonguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
Detroit
I'm swapping in the rear gears from an '86 Camaro into my '78 Impala tonight (the Camaro gets scrapped tomorrow). I was wondering, would the speedo gear from the Camaro's T-5 work in my TH350? And if it did fit, would I get a correct reading? The wheels/tires on the Impala right now are the Camaro's originals.

I basically don't want to end up with a speedo that reads way the hell off. There's too many speed traps around here to not know how fast I'm going. And I know right now that at 70, the speedo is reading 70 (borrowed a GPS from someone else to verify).

Or, conversely, if anyone can send me in the right direction for a speedo gear that will work, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

For some reason I remember the T5 one to be smaller.

Best bet is to find a car that came with the same rear gear/trans you are running and get the right pieces.

Any th350 with your rear ratio will do.

You can still get them from GM. I got a set for a 78 TA not to long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor