TH350 to 700R swap question

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I think the 200-4r swap is easier. I switched out my th350 in my 84 SS monte with a 200-4r from an 86 Monte. Direct swap, super easy, just need the driveshaft from the 200-4R car Im pretty sure. Its been 6 years since I did mine. Oh yeah and I think you'll have to move the x-member to the next set of holes on the frame. Or you can go to true dual exhaust at the same time and get a xmember from crossmembers.com, thats what I did. Like I said, its been a while. Hope this helps.

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
If your going from a short tail 350 to a 700r4 you will have to shortin the drive shaft and move you crossmember or get a new one jegs has one for 139.99 part # 550-41051 I used it and it was an direct bolt it and lloks sharp I was told that you have to bend the pintch weld for the fire wall to the floor pan so you can get to the bolts easyer I did it and had no probs. I belive that a 2004r crossmember is the same as a 350 but I could be wrong .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor