th350

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
i just bought a th350 off of someone put it in the car i didnt replace the filter in it i figured it was good the guy said it came straight out of a working car after putting it inthe car wont move after topping off the fluid so i figure i would change the filter in the trans i take the pan off and come to find out there was no filter in the trans will this keep the transmission from working at all or did i buy a junk trans any help would be appreciated thank you :?:

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
junk if driven without filter. chances are that you might get some use out of it with a flush and filter. i would really look at the fluid that comes out of it. is it burnt smelling, dark, gritty, it can tell you alot about what the innerds of the transmission looks like. good luck. :?

1984gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
i didnt drive it it didnt go what i am asking is will a th350 even work without the trans filter?

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
yes and no, as long as it could suck up fluid it would work but once that fluid start to circulate and drain that pan then it will start to burn it up, so he probally sold you a junk transmission, but try the flush and service, maybe he took it off after he un-installed to inspect it...

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
no, it wont unless it is very overfull.the fikter is a pickup and if there is no pickup, then there aint no fluid in the pump. check your torque converter bolts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor