th350

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttybuddyluva

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2011
i have a 3 speed but im getting 3.73 gears put on this week. I was good until i started seeing everyone with thise gears has a 200 r4 and stall speeds can someone explain wat these are and the difference they make

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
Thats what I have but a lot of guys don't like them if they travel on the highway. If you don't take long trips and your average speed is somewhere between 0 and 55. Than to me there is only one option and that is 3.73s with a th350. But my car is a once or twice a month car. I usually see about 16 mpg on the interstate going 65-70 and about 13 in town. But I like having fun in my car so the pedal moves up and down a lot ;) My car is buzzing around 3100 rpms at 65ish.

cuttybuddyluva

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2011
SScamino said:
Thats what I have but a lot of guys don't like them if they travel on the highway. If you don't take long trips and your average speed is somewhere between 0 and 55. Than to me there is only one option and that is 3.73s with a th350.

So in order to go faster i need the overdrive

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
no you can go as fast as your engine/wheel combination allows. But at about 6000 rpms with that combo youd prob be somewhere around 120.. but why would you go that fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor