The Junkyard Interchange and Rarities Thread

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
all of them got the same brakes and everything and shocks are all the same for the blazers 98+ the only diff for the extremes was a quicker ration steering box and they were 1.5" lower from the factory and the ground effects if you ask me not very xtreme :? but to answer your queston the xtreme and reg blazer 98+ all got the same brakes and shocks

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Another cheap interior upgrade
wheel2.jpg

94 and older jeep cherokee 3 spoke steering wheel, slightly fatter than originals, same diameter. They come in either this type, or a leather type wrap (multiple colors as well), some of the original horn buttons look similar to a buick sport wheel's, and other are a more rounded off version. The little jeep emblem is removeable, so whatever can be put into its place. Take the whole button asy, and it's a bolt on. I chose to go with the AMC/Jeep horn button from a cj7 (smaller center, makes the wheel appear larger).

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
regalman4925 said:
all of the blazers got it? i thought it was extreme blazers only but i am hoping you are right cause i could use at least 1 more set of them. i got lucjy enough to find a rolled extreme blazer with them so i got them but like a retard planned to cvome back for the bilsteins on it and lost them :(

You can get the Bilsteins from Auto Zone for like $65 per shock, slightly less at Summit. That may sound like a lot but the dealer wants $150 ~ $230 a piece for them. I picked up a complete set a few months ago for my ZQ8 S-10 during the buy 3-get 1 free deal.

The p/ns are: B46-1307 (front), B46-1681 (rear) - for the ZQ8-trucks / blazers. Not sure if these would bolt up to a G-Body. Try Edelbrock site as well, a lot of times they'll have the IASs on killer deals.

I would caution you on the rotors, particularly the front, they weren't the best from the factory. They liked to warped very early, to the point of cutting them wouldn't work. When doing a junkyard crawl for S-10 brakes a good investment is a mic / caliper to check the rotor. Hopefully the rotors you got were replacements. And replace the bearings & keep up with them - they tend to go around 60K or so.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
Ok since this is the Junkyard Interchange thread I figured I'd stick my question here...

I'm not the worlds biggest fan of the steering wheel in my '80 Cutlass and what to spice that area up just a bit.... So I start thinking of what I could use... Well I stumbled across this picture from a post here (and also saw another Toro at a show that got me goin')...

Would a '67 Toronado wheel fit on my '80 Cutlass? If not any idea on what sort of adapting would have to be done?

here's a pic of the wheel

Attachments

• 67toro.jpg
    67toro.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 4,506

drb930

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2007
Los Angeles
Anyone know what Sun Visors will fit that have a Vanity light for the G-Bodies?

Thanks,
Dave

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Another idea i got from another site was the rear license plate holder from a b-body. I was really easy to install after elongating the holes where it bolts on a bit :D Cost me a 5 bucks for the bracket. I really like it.
Here is a pic.
1107091450.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
85GPLef41 said:
Another idea i got from another site was the rear license plate holder from a b-body. I was really easy to install after elongating the holes where it bolts on a bit :D Cost me a 5 bucks for the bracket. I really like it.
Here is a pic.
1107091450.jpg

what's the difference than whats on there already?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
It stays down on its own as opposed to the original which you have to wedge the gas cap. Not really a a big deal but a swappable part :D

Reactions: 1 users

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
the a-pillar interior plastic peices that rot and crumble,montecarlo, cutlass and regal tudors and elcomino, malibu tudor are all the same. same with the interior door jam plastics between the rear quarter and the door on tudors.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor