The last Voyage of the stock 1980 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Very cool. Nice to see the El Camino put to use to haul stuff as designed and I dig the tire's as planters too.

Thanks! I am sure with more power I will find lots more hauling jobs for it. It has a hitch, so maybe I will get daring and find something to pull around with it too :roll:

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Is that where you buried the 6 banger? Kind of a memorial to it?

:)

-Gonz

• Haha

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I might
Is that where you buried the 6 banger? Kind of a memorial to it?

:)

-Gonz

I might just rebuild it for some that use them for Jeeps and off roading. The 231 has its following and uses, but it is not as responsive to new HP parts as the GM V-8's, at roughly the same costs Gonz!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I appreciate your thinking. In my humble Opinion GMC should have used Olds engines because of their torque values, and it would have made a lot of difference between Chev and GMC other than upholstery fabric!.
That is why I have put Olds V8's in two chevy trucks.

• Haha

Oldscarnut

Master Mechanic
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Glad you live outside the People's Republic of Emissions Kontrol! FREEDOM!

I live in the last bastion of emission freedom, surrounded by tree huggers and green new deal potheads everywhere. If they had their way we'd all be living in caves and darkness and be vegetarian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor