Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Re: vids

79malibu said:
is there a vid or audio section of this forum where people have their cars showed or display their engines? i'd like to see/ hear your engines running.
The Photo Album will let you upload video and audio, but only w/in a certain file size I think. Off hand I don't remember what that is :oops: Actually YouTube is probably a better vehicle for that sort of thing. Then you should be able to copy-n-paste the code they give you into your posts.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it's kinda weird, everyone (inc compcams) told me that the xe-274 was too big for my engine on the street, but no lope either! it's just the tiniest bit choppy but it's pretty hard to tell with the present exhaust. and it has TONS of low end torque. i'm considering retarding the cam for even more top end. if i had the 2-pc t-cover i'd definately try it.
i'll see what i can do to post some of the vids i've got. it'll probably wait until i have the new exhaust in for a comparison.

78Calais

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2008
MN
I have the same cam in my 355 and it has a nice lope to it. Sounds like this.
http://gbodyforum.com/photos/displayima ... 766-0.html
I like it in my motor and it should be a tad tamer in your 383 since it has a few more cubes.
I would expect it to still have a noticeable rumble in your car.

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
cam

can't get the sound link to work. ever dyno the motors or have track runs yets?

78Calais

Apprentice
Feb 14, 2008
MN
The link plays the file on my PC but a lot of others seem to have problems. It just starts to play itself in my album on the site here when I view it? I never did dyno the motor and haven't had it to the track either. It really should have some lower gears if I wanted to go drag racing. It's set up for cruising with me having left the stock posi and gears alone. I think it has 3.08 gears based on the RPM at 60 MPH. On comp cams website they had dyno figures for an almost identical motor with my cam and I think mine should be around the same or maybe a little better with the porting done to my heads and intake. That one was 373 HP @ 5500 RPM and 387 TQ at 4500 RPM. When people ask I usually just say I guess it to be around 350 HP or so. I've raced a buddy of mines modified 5.0 LX that runs 13.00 and his car is just a little quicker. I'd guess my car is mid 13's or so but that truly is just a guess. The same buddy is bugging me to get my 71 Malibu back on the road because I smoked him with that. He did some suspension mods and ran the 13.00 after that and wants to see how he would do against it know. I've never had that to the track either but it's got 3.73 gears and the SB in that car is a little hotter than the one in the Cutlass. It's a 360 (350 bored .040 over) with a solid cam and Dart Sportsman II heads and forged TRW pistons with about 10.5 for the compression. It also has full roller rockers vs. only roller tipped in the Cutlass but the rest of the parts like intake, ignition, headers, etc. are virtually the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor