BUILD THREAD The Mullet Maurader, The Epic of the LS swapped Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
sh*t, I’m gonna have to install some “Noss” (I hate that word!) or maybe a hair dryer or two on Olds Cool just to keep up with you when we get together for that cruise!
The Juggernaut however, I think would give you a run for your money, at least until you boost.
😉
Maybe someday...

Looking seriously impressive though, I’m lovin’ it. Keep up the momentum!

Thanks D, getting pretty fired up to hear this thing. It'll be the opposite of Olds Cool, pretty on the inside but not so much on the outside yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks D, getting pretty fired up to hear this thing. It'll be the opposite of Olds Cool, pretty on the inside but not so much on the outside yet.

I wouldn’t sweat that just yet, it’ll come in time. When you get to that point I’d be happy to help in any way I can.

I’m fixing to make Olds Cool well rounded, decent on the outside and still have respectable performance. We’ll see how well that all comes together.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
So here you go. The install p*rn. 😉
View attachment 102436

1546249927181.png

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not to be outdone by Mike, exhaust is in.

Not to bad of a fit, despite some clearance issues with the rear suspension. If you have a stock G I can't see having an issue with this kit.

So this is the 3" Hooker stainless system suggested for the G body ls swap, yes it's expensive but it FIT, perfectly...

So here you go. The install p*rn. 😉
View attachment 102436

Spring clearance is good, there is some flexibility here also.
View attachment 102437

The clearance issue with the suspension link bars, could trim the bolt but rotating the muffler gave me enough to be comfortable. It is the same on both sides.
View attachment 102438

Very little ground clearance lost with a 3" full X pipe system.
View attachment 102439

Headers are tight to the oil pan for clearance, just a tad lower than the front cross member. View attachment 102440

Not back to wiring.... 😀

Now that is a top-notch exhaust system, and money well spent. Well done!

• Agree

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Got the old harness simplified today, starting circuit is complete and starter is wired. Gonna need a few small things to get the alternator wired up and the battery in the trunk and mounted. Need to make a relay panel for the fuel pump and a few other goodies. Not a super productive day but made progress anyway.

20181231_131007.jpg
20181231_162318.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Some how I have been overlooked your thread. Sat down and read it all from the beginning. I am finding it entertaining and informative. You sure change directions a lot, but you sure get stuff done. Keep up the good work I am watching now.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Some how I have been overlooked your thread. Sat down and read it all from the beginning. I am finding it entertaining and informative. You sure change directions a lot, but you sure get stuff done. Keep up the good work I am watching now.
I haven't really changed direct drastically. The goal was always a multifaceted car that was forced induction. Went auto instead of a stick, I'll still end up boosted and crazy. Lol just gonna wander a bit before I get there. 😉

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
I'm watching . Looking good.

Attachments

• 20180714_152747.jpg
    20180714_152747.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor