CUTLASS The new guy

83hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2022
Nice Cutlass...been an Olds guy my whole life so I would definitely drop in another Olds motor but any G body I was building would get a factory engine no matter what GM brand it was. You would save a lot of time and money going with a 350 it would be pretty straight forward. Thinking if you painted your front and rear bumpers to match the body it would look even better and more modern. Hard to beat the look of an Olds engine in a Cutlass. View attachment 218143 View attachment 218144
I thought of building a 350 or 403 to drop in, this was a budget build engine, transmission, ecm was 1000k, plus what ever parts I needed, my buddy has a junk yard, so I was able to get what parts I needed off other vehicles for free, or next to nothing. We fabricated the trans bracket, got ebay engine brackets got another fuel pump for fi, and a few other things. At a response price. My friend has the engine tuner and he makes adjustment for my needs as needed. I agree with go olds or go home, you car looks awsome. I'm nearing retirement age and was looking for convenience.
Like the ideal of painting the bumpers, I may consider that option.
stay well my friend..
Javier

Reactions: 1 user

83hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2022
Oldsmobile blocks have more torque then chevy engines due to their 110° V8 instead of the 90° in a Chevy.
This is a weekend driver, not much torque needed. Did swap for convenience, retiring soon.just wa ted reliable.
Thanks for the info..

83hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2022
Very nice! great job that's great looking cutlass, what do you have do to get the a/c going? how difficult was the swap? do you have any pictures of the inside?
I got more if your interested.

Attachments

• IMG_6432.JPG
    IMG_6432.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6418.JPG
    IMG_6418.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6423.JPG
    IMG_6423.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6460.JPG
    IMG_6460.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 1 users

Osmobile Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2023
Thank you very much, I'm considering all my options also got to think about my budget !

Welcome, good looking base to start a nice build. The LS's are hard to beat bang for the buck, but I also like the idea of going 350 so that it is different. I bought mine with the plan to do an LSA and a 6 speed in it. But once I drove the 350 a bit I enjoyed the sound and difference of having an old school feel, I have a GTO so I get to cheat when I want the LS with a 6 speed feel as well so made my decision easier.
I thought of building a 350 or 403 to drop in, this was a budget build engine, transmission, ecm was 1000k, plus what ever parts I needed, my buddy has a junk yard, so I was able to get what parts I needed off other vehicles for free, or next to nothing. We fabricated the trans bracket, got ebay engine brackets got another fuel pump for fi, and a few other things. At a response price. My friend has the engine tuner and he makes adjustment for my needs as needed. I agree with go olds or go home, you car looks awsome. I'm nearing retirement age and was looking for convenience.
Like the ideal of painting the bumpers, I may consider that option.
stay well my friend..
Javier
I truly like the way your set up is, I got a lot of work to do , I’m looking for the engine now so $$$, thanks for the pictures looking good!!!!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor