CUTLASS The Parts Place Purchase of Oldsmobile REPRO Parts for Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I just purchased parts for my ( non G body car), a ram air kit, the box it was in was perfect, when I opened it up the entire metal under hood pan was damaged in every corner and scratched to hell. I was a little upset to say the least spending the amount of money I did, all to call them up to have them tell me this is normal, to take a rubber maul to the corners and straighten them out and repaint it . DO NOT BUY from these clowns. I try to spend my money evenly to give all US based businesses my business, that's if they are worthy, just because they are US based, doesn't mean they aren't pricks, and the Parts Place ARE! Just forewarning anyone looking to buy from them. BUYER BEWARE!

Reactions: 1 user

BlueCalais79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2021
69 H/O are you interested is selling one of your NOS 560671 pieces if available, I too bought the repro part and I was really disappointed with the silver rather than chrome they used on the lettering. So much so I placed in a nice used original with broken pins in my 79 H/O rather than TPP piece, IMHO their piece is exactly as you wrote about it.

Last edited:

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
OEM is nice but not too realistic for many items considering their age. As for a sticker, I'll take the brand new piece over a 30 year old piece of tape, even if the font is slightly off.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OEM is nice but not too realistic for many items considering their age. As for a sticker, I'll take the brand new piece over a 30 year old piece of tape, even if the font is slightly off.
I agree about the new decal over a 30 year old one if it looks the same (except for the 442 decal sets. Sorry, there's no repros worth a crap out there), but you buy the compressor and the decal came with it. That was the only way you'd get one from GM. I already have an NOS 198 compressor so I'm already set. But if I was going to deal with a new decal, I'd just make my own and do it more correctly. This goes back to what I was saying before. You take the time to repro the part, but then you don't even bother to make it look as close as possible to the original when you have the chance. Some people can live with "just ok", but if I'm going to even bother to do it, it's going to look better than the current repro.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor