THE SEARCH IS OVER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
My search for a t-top cutty came to an end last Tuesday. I finally found one to my liking that wasn't too expensive and not too far away. It is a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon. The original motor is long gone, it's been replaced with a 350 sbc and 350 turbo transmission. I'm already in the process of pulling it out though, my brother is buying it. The body isn't bad at all, although it has it's problems. There is absolutely no rust anywhere except a couple spots on the bottoms of the doors and a little bit under the tops. I found it on craigslist, but I had to drive roughly 500 miles round-trip. The car was in Knoxville, TN. I guess that's enough of my rambling on about the car, if you guys have any ?'s, just ask. Well here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 1985 Salon 1.jpg
    1985 Salon 1.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 1985 Salon 2.jpg
    1985 Salon 2.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 1985 Salon 3 (engine).jpg
    1985 Salon 3 (engine).jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 1,071

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Good find....I think I saw the ad for that a while back, on craigslist? maybe?.....
I contacted them but never got a response.
I live about 50 miles east of Knoxville.

Keep us posted, and good lucK!

emoney87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2010
can u post pics of the plastic t top interior trim and latches cuz mine arent lining up rite or if u removed them what it looks like underneath thanks

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Good score...How much you get it for? Are the rear frame rails and floors solid??? What else is cool is that it's a console car :)))

monte7carlo9

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
WA State
Looks like a great project car, wish I could find one that complete around my area. If you dont mind, what did you pay for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor