Think I'm gonna make it an SS clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2011
Tiverton Rhode Island
monte ss496 said:
the car looks too clean to make it a ss!

Ha Thanks, its gonna be this way for a bit longer anyway never know might grow on me?

fonz3482

Apprentice
Mar 7, 2011
eden, ny
I've had a ton of ls and regular model monte's throughout my life. Then when I bought my current monte I decided to make it a ss clone. Honestly, I spent ALOT of money and time getting all the trim, nose, bumpers, mirrors, tail lights, buckets, console, etc., etc, and then changing and fitting all the parts to my car, To me, it wasn't worth it. All the parts I swapped were off of different cars, so now none of my paint matches correctly, and I still dont have every ss trim piece to make it look right. Your car looks sweet. I wouldn't touch it!! If I had the choice to do mine all over, I would of left it original, and put the money towards performance, and handling upgrades. Just my opinion :D

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
I wouldn't touch it sell the ss stuff you got and put it towards performance upgrades. Just my opinion tho that Monte looks sweet by the way.

JustinD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2011
Tiverton Rhode Island
mc83ss383 said:
I would put the ss clip on and call it done but I think the car look good the way it sits

Thats what I'm thinking.........

JustinD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2011
Tiverton Rhode Island
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
I wouldn't touch it sell the ss stuff you got and put it towards performance upgrades. Just my opinion tho that Monte looks sweet by the way.

Thanks!

JustinD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2011
Tiverton Rhode Island
I had a chance to get these pieces for near nothing, I forgot I let my friend borrow an engine stand I had and he offered to trade the stand for these parts. I had to grab them even if I don't swap it all over still a good deal I think.

Attachments

• ss nose and bumper.jpg
    ss nose and bumper.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 583

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
JustinD said:
I had a chance to get these pieces for near nothing, I forgot I let my friend borrow an engine stand I had and he offered to trade the stand for these parts. I had to grab them even if I don't swap it all over still a good deal I think.
I think you ripp your friend of.. an engine stand for the ss nose?
anyway you got a nice car there leave it as it is..
warmonga

JustinD

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2011
Tiverton Rhode Island
warmonga said:
JustinD said:
I think you ripp your friend of.. an engine stand for the ss nose?
anyway you got a nice car there leave it as it is..
warmonga

His idea not mine, we'll see how I feel about it come closer to spring time.

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
not sure if you researched anymore of the swap but is that all the parts your buddy gave you? if so do you know you need more parts?

also does the nose sag above the headlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor