Thinking about new front shocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Well,I finally got my new Viking double adjustable shocks on the Monte this weekend.
The hole in the bottom of the front lower control arm needed a tiny bit of enlargement with a hand file to clear the adjustment knobs.
The rear's were a simple R&R.
I set them a bit on the firm side,fronts were 10 clicks compression & 14 clicks rebound.
The rears I set at 6 clicks compression and 10 clicks rebound.
The rears will be easy to adjust,the fronts will be a bit harder to get at,the tires will likely need to be removed.
I went for a short drive today,they feel good so far.My right front sway bar end link bracket broke so its kinda hard to tell how they really work.But,the roads in Nova Scotia are so bad,they might need to be adjusted more firm.Heres some pictures;
Fronts

Rears

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor