MALIBU 🤔 thinking of spraying 💭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Looking at SEM. /Or Gbody.com interior plastic spray? The whole shebang .
Now is there a better plastic spray adhesions/ clear…etc. tha may be worth wild on the market that I can learn about. Dez

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Looking at SEM. /Or Gbody.com interior plastic spray? The whole shebang .
Now is there a better plastic spray adhesions/ clear…etc. tha may be worth wild on the market that I can learn about. Dez
How much are you going to do ? Couple of pieces or everything thats plastic ? That would be the deciding factor for me.
Ive only used SEM products and Ive had great results with it. Prep is THE most important part of doing it. I resprayed quite a few parts in my coupe, a complete color change in my wagon and I also sprayed close to 25 parts for my friends 79 Camaro and so far nothings come off.
SEM makes their own adhesion promoter but I would up using Bulldog because the bodyshop supply I use had it in stock the day I needed it. It worked fine but next time I would use SEM. Just to keep it all the same brand. Not because it didnt spray out well. I will say that Bulldog in an aerosol can sprays out like crap. It doesnt atomize well. Thats why I use a detail gun.
If you want any info I'd be happy to help. Not a professional but everything Ive done so far looks real good.

Reactions: 3 users

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
How much are you going to do ? Couple of pieces or everything thats plastic ? That would be the deciding factor for me.
Ive only used SEM products and Ive had great results with it. Prep is THE most important part of doing it. I resprayed quite a few parts in my coupe, a complete color change in my wagon and I also sprayed close to 25 parts for my friends 79 Camaro and so far nothings come off.
SEM makes their own adhesion promoter but I would up using Bulldog because the bodyshop supply I use had it in stock the day I needed it. It worked fine but next time I would use SEM. Just to keep it all the same brand. Not because it didnt spray out well. I will say that Bulldog in an aerosol can sprays out like crap. It doesnt atomize well. Thats why I use a detail gun.
If you want any info I'd be happy to help. Not a professional but everything Ive done so far looks real good.
Thanks. I will probably get sem. The bulldog named product? I’m not familiar. Thanks ! Dez

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I used SEM and was a**l on prep. 90% prep, 10% paint

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Hi !! No. I was thinking of spraying the plastic parts , pillars, rear quarter arm rests. Etc. thanks.
How are you going to get the exact color you need in an aerosol ? I guess you wont be using SEM. I dont think Color Coat comes in factory G body colors.

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
How are you going to get the exact color you need in an aerosol ? I guess you wont be using SEM. I dont think Color Coat comes in factory G body colors.
It may not be 'EXACT' but SEM should have something legitimately close to an OE color scheme that will work.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Dixie has a light blue Gm color. No swatch chart. But I am I lil flexible on the tone. I’m a purist when it comes to my other car 🚗 bmw 2002 73. I find all that exacting a bit tiresome . The BMW has made me want to let go a bit. Dez🧔🏻

Attachments

• 6B65B055-1DF1-4340-BF7D-3506BA2D4394.jpeg
    6B65B055-1DF1-4340-BF7D-3506BA2D4394.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor