Third Gen Camaro Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Are you only interested in montes? If so your best bet may be to open your mind to all g bodies.

Before I got my wagon I was dead set on a 2 door bu and nothin else. Then I saw my wagon for $1500 fell in love with the pic. A few days later drove it home for 1 grand. And drove it all summer long.

Keep your eyes open when you're driving around to. Don't be afraid to get a little snoopy either.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
For wanting to stand out the 80s Fbodies are the wrong choice. Its about like the foxbody around here, everyone has one. I would wait it out and get the car you truly want. Monte Carlos and other Gbodies are out there. DO NOT rush this decision or you will regret it. Ask me how I know.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Are you only interested in montes? If so your best bet may be to open your mind to all g bodies.

Before I got my wagon I was dead set on a 2 door bu and nothin else. Then I saw my wagon for $1500 fell in love with the pic. A few days later drove it home for 1 grand. And drove it all summer long.

Keep your eyes open when you're driving around to. Don't be afraid to get a little snoopy either.
Same here. I was dead set on a Monte. In CT they are a dime a dozen and I kinda wanted.to stand out. I found my h/o and fell in love.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Firebird is nicer looking, as it always was. The 89 Turbo Trans Am was awesome, another Corvette killer. G bodies non performance versions have all the same short comings, except unibody. G bodies were the last unique cars from GM. You could still get an Olds engine in an Olds and Buick in a Buick. Grand National, Hurst/Olds were some of the last make unique cars built.

B1tchin'-Buick

Master Mechanic
Jan 11, 2010
olds307 and 403 said:
G bodies were the last unique cars from GM. You could still get an Olds engine in an Olds and Buick in a Buick. Grand National, Hurst/Olds were some of the last made unique cars built.

I agree. 3Rd Gens are a dime a dozen. Bout had it with my daily driver Bird.....

I have a 40 mile round trip for work and the comfort level sucks. I even redid the whole front end suspension....

The only reason why I haven't sold her is that the 305/TBI has been the most trouble free engine/car I have ever had.

<Mike>

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
hurst1979olds said:
Kansas Bu Wagon said:

Same here. I was dead set on a Monte. In CT they are a dime a dozen and I kinda wanted.to stand out. I found my h/o and fell in love.

Well the Monte Carlo out of all the gbodys is the only one that really catches my eye . I just love the way it looks compared to the cutlass or Grand Prix. I've been trying to look at Malibus but can't find any clean 2 door ones. Also el caminos but they seem that they are rare here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor