this needs saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
81_2dr_bu said:
kills me to see this it has so much potential http://westernmass.craigslist.org/pts/923430827.html

I called and couldn't get a price out of the father of the owner, his daughter. He said call back tommorrow and she will be in.

1980 cutlass 2dr. a V-8 to boot.

The car has sat for 3 or 4 years. Has not been run since parked.
He said it is a little rusty underneath.
Ran well before parked and he seems to think everything is good and should run again. I have my doubts.

You know what can happen to a car that sits for that long. Gas tank varnish, all the steel lines could be compromised, and the frame rails.

Still worth calling and getting a price.

Not something I want to tackle. I just went thru some of that with my current Cutlass. Had to do all the lines on her and some front end work, but she ran well and a lot of work was already done on it when i got it for cheap.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Western Mass? Sitting for 4 years? Has to be completely rusted.

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
Tony_SS said:

HaaHaa
No, it is better when it is off the roads.
If it stayed on the roads thru winters, then yes rusty real fast.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
if i wasnt just recently unemployed i would check it out probably buy it if it is in decent shape i have a 350 and a th350 in my garage from my malibu ready for a body also have a new exhaust i have some spare wheels ,spare poly racing seats all just doing nothing as far as gas i would drop it empty and fill and the lines i would replace when they fail just sux i have no job grrrrr figured maybe $300.00 those problems add up to one big lowball

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
I myself, have a hard time with anything that has been sitting outside for that time period.

And I am a little tapped out and put a lot into my Cutlass to make sure it is a reliable long haul cruiser for 3 seasons. She is all set and doesn't need anything now, thankfully but tapped out with Christmas coming. Otherwise, I would take a closer look at it.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
isnt being tapped out always the case with these rides so far i have 4g's engine,$800 for a rearend, plus other things rich mans game but i refuse to give up all adds to reliability when driving

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
jatguit said:
Tony_SS said:

HaaHaa

I don't know about that... all that moisture its soaking up from the ground can't be all that good.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Tony_SS said:
jatguit said:
Tony_SS said:

HaaHaa

I don't know about that... all that moisture its soaking up from the ground can't be all that good.

X2 it's a parts car now. If there are any floors left I will be suprised ! Look at the pile of leaves on it !

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That car doesn't need saving... Not worth it. Might be a good daily bomber if you get it running good enough, or at best would be a good circle track car. There are tons of other cars that are way more deserving of the attention that something like that would require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor