this needs saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
i figured it might not be rotted that bad looking at the pic the body looks solid understanding pics can hide alot wouldnt know until inspect i dont see many on the road with that body style besides they say theres an a$$ for every seat i wouldnt even bother getting that motor running just drop a motor in like i said in my case i have a motor hanging around that runs

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Might not be too bad, but someone needs to actually look at it first to know for sure. Salt and moisture really speeds things up but moisture itself takes a while and really has to be puddling up somewhere before it actually starts eating through stuff. Even if it does need metal here and there, the interior should be really good considering the mileage, but then again few people want an early Cutlass to fix up. What good would a lot of the parts be then?

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
kustomkyle said:
Might not be too bad, but someone needs to actually look at it first to know for sure. Salt and moisture really speeds things up but moisture itself takes a while and really has to be puddling up somewhere before it actually starts eating through stuff. Even if it does need metal here and there, the interior should be really good considering the mileage, but then again few people want an early Cutlass to fix up. What good would a lot of the parts be then?
Ok, whos gonna go? I can't get out there until the 6th of December.
For parts, I think there is a fair amount of interest in the 1980 only stuff like front end header panel, grill, headlight bezels, bumper fillers. And bumpers front and rear if they are not rotted.

81_2dr_bu said:
81_2dr_bu isnt being tapped out always the case with these rides so far i have 4g's engine,$800 for a rearend, plus other things rich mans game but i refuse to give up all adds to reliability when driving
I guess my focus for cars is getting them up and running again with minimum resources. Tinker with them drive them for awhile and then pass them on. No i am not a flipper. I ussually go way overboard on them. But I tend to go for these low milage cars that have the best platform to start from. One can usually spot one when they find it, and I thought this might be one. So I tend to be a little discerning about what I go for. This one looks like it will need a bit more than I am willing to invest (also considering what I just went thru with my low miles 87). This one I was thinking of passing it on to my god child, she probably won't like it but I would give it to her if it didn't cost too much for me (maybe $1000 - $1500 total to fix and get running safely) and didn't look to ratty. But even at that cost, there are other runnig driving examples on craigslist, so why am I even thinking of it. The low milage gets me all the time.
Allthough I think she has her heart set on a Honda nameplate, but she won't pass up free or uhh next to nothing, I'll make her do some work.

Tony_SS said:
I don't know about that... all that moisture its soaking up from the ground can't be all that good.?
Tony, you are right. That is even worse for it sitting there on the ground. I am surprised all the tires aren't flat. I bet it's got some issues under there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor