Throttle/trans Kick down on Edelbrock carb/intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaOlds

Apprentice
May 20, 2014
I've done some searching without coming up with anything so I'm posting this to pick your guy's brains.

I have an Edelbrock 1406 carb and I just purchased the Performer RPM intake, 7111, to go with it. Is there a throttle/trans kick down bracket specifically for that combination of carb and intake? I assume the factory one won't fit.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
What is your engine/trans combo?

MegaOlds

Apprentice
May 20, 2014
Olds 350 rocket and I don't know what transmission I have. I will have to get under there and look.

MegaOlds

Apprentice
May 20, 2014
Does anyone have this setup and made it work? I did some more research and wasnt able to find anything. Is there a bracket that edelbrock sells that will mount the trans/throttle cable correctly?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Edelbrock and Spectre and im sure a few other companys have a bracket that goes on that back stud of your carb im not sure how much the edelbrock one is but the spectre one is like $20 i have it on my Sierra and my Malibu works great. And you can basically walk into an oreillys or autozone and find it on the performance shelf.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
You should be able to modify the stock olds 307 bracket, it bolts to the back of an edelbrock carb. I just did it this last weekend, 1406 carb and Chevy Performer 2101 intake.
After looking at the 7111 intake pictures you might not need to modify anything unless it hits the runner coming out by the back of the carb.

MegaOlds

Apprentice
May 20, 2014
Hey 81Regal, could you post a pic of your setup? Just want to see how you did it before I do it on mine. :)

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Ill get you a couple pics ASAP but it is really easy.

MegaOlds

Apprentice
May 20, 2014
Awesome thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor