throttle valve bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I need some pics of tv brackets mounted to an edelbrock carb. I am having interference problems with my throttle bracket and no place to hook up the return springs. I am installing a 2004r transmission and currently have no tv bracket with my setup now.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Here is my former SBC 350, 2004r edelbrock carb tv cable bracket pic:
downsized_0509091738.jpg
I see your are running a Pontiac motor, Can't remember the bracket part number though will find out if you need it.

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
If you go to jegs, or summit, you'll find carb mounted brackets, that are carb and trans specific. The transmission shop lined us out on this one. Jegs #555-157313 It actually gets in the way of the vacuum port on the back. I sawed off the far side of the bracket to clear for brakes. The way we made it work is, 1 bolt in 1 hole, and a 5/16 dowel pin/sawed off bolt segment in the one next to it. Without the pin, it moves. By the way, my son says the Holley with it's bracket worked better. 555-157310 This is for a 700/200r4 and a Holley. Good Luck.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Thanks for the reply nice bracket too!.... Well here is a bracket that I ordered from that fits my Edelbrock carb but it was obviously not going to work, it was in the way of my throttle cable bracket and return spring. So I got a different one now and I will post a pic of what I did.
tv_bracket2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor