Time to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
I've been a long time G/A body owner. My first encounter was back in september 1979 I was 15 years old when my older sister took me with her to the local Chevy dealership to help her order a new car. I helpped her order a 1980 Malibu Classic Landau Sport Coupe. Tripple black exterior meaning that the upper and lower body colours along with the vinyl landau roof were all black. The interior was dark claret cloth with colour keyed belts and floor mats, bucket seats with console and floor shiter, rear window defoger (the blower type), radio delete(factory radios of the era were not of great quality), Air conditioning, factory tint glass, gage package. full body side mouldings, bumper rub strips, front and rear bumperettes,14" factory ralley wheels with uniroyal raised white letter tires, high output 305 with four barrel rochester quadrajet carb, and the F41 suspention. manual crank windows and no power door locks. It took nearly four months before the Car arrived, in early december 1979, some thirty years ago to be exact. Missing from the options that were ordered were the full gage pack. After some negotiations the new malibu was my sister's new toy. It did not take me long to lay rubber from inside her new garage to half way down her driveway.... she even let me get my driver's licence with it in september 1980. I bought this Malibu from my sister 19 years ago and I still have it today.
662065_77_full-1.jpg

2009-01-26-2216-10_edited.jpg

I also currently own

a 1982 GMC Caballero
caballerohearse3.jpg

fleetwoodcruise7.jpg

and a 1979 euro export Malibu Classic Coupe
DSC01204.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

ebu-1.jpg

I also own five 91-93 B body wagons
the ratmaster and the sedan nosed woody
underthetree.jpg

My daily driver
DSC01236.jpg

my current project
PICT0004.jpg

the fith wagon is just a parts car, I also have a third malibu classic that is also my parts car.
I know my way around 78-83 chevy malibus, and 91-93 TBI B body wagons.

Happy Motoring!
wonderful---085.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! Like the other guys have expressed...love your collection of cool cars.
I take it that the Caballero was used for funeral duty.

Jack 8)

buickestate

Greasemonkey
Nov 21, 2006
London Ontario
Thanks guys.

I'm the secound owner of my Caballero, and it's never been used for funeral service. I made that custom bed Cap I was just going to paint it body colour and have a sort of sedan delivery look when one of my buddies who is into funeral cars showed me a picture of a funeral service ElCamino :idea: ....so I came up with this. :wink: ..I have a lot of fun with it. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor