Status
Not open for further replies.
gk666 said:
the rape train has no brakes
:?:
That just doesn't sound right :|

gk666 said:
welcome to the china club, DRINK UP!

nice car but i noticed you said you dont need all the power a 350 can hold, i have two things to say to that... firstly a story

when I was 15 I was riding in my buddies jeep to go get some of his dads badass ****ing spaghetti, long story short in the presence of a deer we rolled 7 times and I was in shock trauma for 3 weeks during thanksgiving. when I finally got my license I drove fairly slow and cautious thinking why do people even want to drive fast its not thrilling at all.... I live on a road thats about 10 miles of just straight and nothing else, you can see from one end to the other and one day on my way home for no reason at all I just dropped the hammer (in the 3.9 jaguar aj lincoln ls 280 crank, badass as **** car if you cant afford an actual jag)) and I cut off at about 130 and my heart felt like I was arresting and I was about to have multiple strokes and contract an instant case of lupus it was so amazing... long story short here I am, 400 small block, the rape train has no brakes, car meets car shows machine shops, internal combustion engines are the greatest of all time etc....

not to mention #2, a 350 in pretty much all cases has a range of limitless power, you want a 100 horsepower it can do that, you want a 1000 horsepower it can do that and a lot more reliably than the stock v6

unfortunately I have to bounce for boston tea party peace

:rofl: I must say.....i can always count on you to have some unexpected, yet colorful posts! How the hell do these phrases all end up in the same paragraph :rofl:

badass ****ing spaghetti
presence of a deer
shock trauma
cautious thinking
dropped the hammer
multiple strokes
instant case of lupus
the rape train

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I did actually consider a 350 for a short time and there is no argument that it does have excellent power range. 305s can have some decent power to them though. Overall, I think they do have the potential to have a good balance to give me what I'm looking for based on the research I've done. Most of my driving is on the highway so that does help a good bit as city driving drinks up gas in a V8. I'd be happy with a power range in the high 200s.

I don't really intend to keep it original at all. When I'm ready to do the rebuild, I'll be ordering one of those replica 2+2 noses from Lauren Engineering. The 231 V6 that was in it is out and laying on the ground along with the THM200 that was bolted up to it and both will be scrapped. Surprisingly, the heads were still in good shape despite there being a lot of build up of sludge and what looks like coal clogging half the oil ports. Those will get cleaned out and replace the bad heads on another 231 my best friend has in a Skylark.

I might convert the back end to the aerocoupe design but modify it as a hatch back. I did read an article where someone was able to successfully do that but I haven't been able to find that article again! Stupid randomness of search engines! That one will be something for a much later date as it will cost more money than what I'm budgeting for right now.

The interior is worn and faded, but the dash is still in good shape - free from cracks and bubbling. I'll change out the split bench for bucket seats and a center console and move the shifter to the floor. I'd really love to find some 2004 to 2006 GTO seats for the shear comfort but I'm also intrigued by bucket seat designs used for the 78 to 80 GPs.

I haven't really decided on the color just yet. I lean more towards black but anything I do go with will be dark.

I'm open all feedback though and I appreciate the thoughts already. I've been reading these forums for months and many of you provide some very consistent and constructive feedback.

I've been kicking this idea around and it might be something to consider. What about late Grand Prix seats? Easy to find in black and they have the open headrests. I've seen people use 2000+ up modern Monte Carlo interior and they're both W-bodies. I checked the local Pick n' Pull inventory and they have a ton of GP's. Buckets are $29ea for manual, $39ea for electric.

G-Body_Vet said:
I've been kicking this idea around and it might be something to consider. What about late Grand Prix seats? Easy to find in black and they have the open headrests. I've seen people use 2000+ up modern Monte Carlo interior and they're both W-bodies.

I thought about that too. Do you have a suggested year model range? I haven't looked at the interior of a late model GP in quite a while.

G-Body_Vet said:
gk666 said:
welcome to the china club, DRINK UP!

nice car but i noticed you said you dont need all the power a 350 can hold, i have two things to say to that... firstly a story

when I was 15 I was riding in my buddies jeep to go get some of his dads badass ****ing spaghetti, long story short in the presence of a deer we rolled 7 times and I was in shock trauma for 3 weeks during thanksgiving. when I finally got my license I drove fairly slow and cautious thinking why do people even want to drive fast its not thrilling at all.... I live on a road thats about 10 miles of just straight and nothing else, you can see from one end to the other and one day on my way home for no reason at all I just dropped the hammer (in the 3.9 jaguar aj lincoln ls 280 crank, badass as **** car if you cant afford an actual jag)) and I cut off at about 130 and my heart felt like I was arresting and I was about to have multiple strokes and contract an instant case of lupus it was so amazing... long story short here I am, 400 small block, the rape train has no brakes, car meets car shows machine shops, internal combustion engines are the greatest of all time etc....

not to mention #2, a 350 in pretty much all cases has a range of limitless power, you want a 100 horsepower it can do that, you want a 1000 horsepower it can do that and a lot more reliably than the stock v6

unfortunately I have to bounce for boston tea party peace

:rofl: I must say.....i can always count on you to have some unexpected, yet colorful posts! How the hell do these phrases all end up in the same paragraph :rofl:

badass ****ing spaghetti
presence of a deer
shock trauma
cautious thinking
dropped the hammer
multiple strokes
instant case of lupus
the rape train
And dont get him started on the BIG BLOCK PONTIAC 455! :lol:

-83MONTESS- said:

I'm still trying to grasp the concept of a "rape train" :rofl:

I think of one of those open, trolley-type party buses filled with several unscrupulous individuals LOL!

G-Body_Vet said:
-83MONTESS- said:

I'm still trying to grasp the concept of a "rape train" :rofl:

I think of one of those open, trolley-type party buses filled with several unscrupulous individuals LOL!
:rofl: Haha wow what an image!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor