Timing

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
When you walk into the kitchen and the ice maker cycles the water just as you get there.

Then you think, "wait, that seems to be taking a while."

"The water is still running."

[pause]

"Yep, its not shutting off. Better look, Einstein."

Open the freezer door, %&!@#$%^&$ The ice tray is full to the top of water. Proceed to **** up shoulder yanking the fridge out of its hole to shut off water. Lucky the freezer's on the bottom and I JUST HAPPENED TO BE THERE.

I keep thinking what that would have been if it'd been 1AM or we were gone for basically any length of time. *blech*

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
When you walk into the kitchen and the ice maker cycles the water just as you get there.

Then you think, "wait, that seems to be taking a while."

"The water is still running."

[pause]

"Yep, its not shutting off. Better look, Einstein."

Open the freezer door, %&!@#$%^&$ The ice tray is full to the top of water. Proceed to **** up shoulder yanking the fridge out of its hole to shut off water. Lucky the freezer's on the bottom and I JUST HAPPENED TO BE THERE.

I keep thinking what that would have been if it'd been 1AM or we were gone for basically any length of time. *blech*
WOW, that could have been disastrous if you hadn't found it when you did! Glad everything is ok now. Same thing when peoples wash machine, dish washer or hot water heaters bust a line/hose, can have a home flood real quick. Thing is, you had no ice, I'm curious how you kept your"cool" in this situation :ROFLMAO:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I'm curious how you kept your"cool" in this situation :ROFLMAO:

Laugh Add GIF by All Def

but srsly oh man. (one) downside of getting old, sudden bursts of strong-man activity don't sit well. its just now hitting me and holy #$^@#$ ow. Wouldn't be so bad if the stupid plastic wheels hadn't broke off the thing a long time ago, and of course you can't get new ones any more. Might be time for a new fridge after 24 years. bc F this crap. ow.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
And be glad you did not lose $300 of food because the compressor died. You have time to locate a replacement in this Covid era. Appliances have slowly been coming back to the market.

We’ve used ice trays for the past five years because I don’t want to pay for the replacement ice maker module for our antique fridge.

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Laugh Add GIF by All Def

but srsly oh man. (one) downside of getting old, sudden bursts of strong-man activity don't sit well. its just now hitting me and holy #$^@#$ ow. Wouldn't be so bad if the stupid plastic wheels hadn't broke off the thing a long time ago, and of course you can't get new ones any more. Might be time for a new fridge after 24 years. bc F this crap. ow.
That truly does suck! And when I read about the wheels had already broken off :ROFLMAO: ......Sounds like my luck. I'm with you, as we all age, we become less tolerant of BS,. That fridge being 24 YO really doesn't owe you anything, the next one you get will probably only last 10!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
.............meanwhile......one week later, 20 miles from GP403's home, along a quiet subtle country road, MAGICLY overnight this appears.....:ROFLMAO:

1613065404805.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
(one) downside of getting old, sudden bursts of strong-man activity don't sit well. its just now hitting me and holy #$^@#$ ow.
And it only gets worse from here. Maybe you'll start coming around to how the rest of us feel.

btw, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor