Tires and wheels, 1979 Buick Sport Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The way I look at it. It will never be original again. that's why I'm a proponent of keeping it original. However, I could see a drivetrain upgrade, and yet keep the exterior original in appearance. Like James, I'm a resto-mod fan. It would be nice with a GN drivetrain.
I'm torn... "sport wagon" elicits comparison to the regal "sport coupe" which was what they called the ttypes of the era. Even the lesabre sport coupe got the carb turbo engine. So it seems like a turbo 3.8 is what belongs... or maybe a stage 2 4.1 with the repop gnx rear differential cover/bars in back since we're spending other people's money....

But 70s... wagon... screams big block to me.

Keep the paint and interior original. Don't cut the floor and switch shifters. Just drop a big old torquey buick motor in with the fattest tire that fits without a notch or rolled lip and flog it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor