Title messed up on my Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2012
I Bought my 1981 Buick Regal LTD from an older woman in 1997 it was late April I think. The lady just moved from Virginia and her daughter wanted her get a newer car. Being around 19 than I put the title in my mothers name, we both agreed that was best. The title was correct to the vin no problems and in my mothers name as the years go by my mom was like go the currency exchange title your name. So in 2001 I think it was I did I also had 95 Ford Aspire I titled and plated both same place and day at the currency exhachge Cook County of course. I was south Chicagoland than. Years go by car sits I never ever going to sell it, but I was going to title and plate here in Northwest Ind. Here they do vin check I never looked at My title from the Regal upon looking it I seen it vin started with a K. Was the vin of the Aspire I had gotten rid maybe in 04. So my title has Aspire vin, I know this car had the correct paperwork when it was in my moms name and never bothered check I was just re titling and plating to drive at the time.

Now it's 2012 andy title messed up how do I get this corrected any ideas?

Regal81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2012
I don't want go switching tags I bought this as my first car in 1997 it's legit. When I titled it at the currency exchange woman doing the 2 cars must have switched the vins. I have old insurance cards from the 90s with the right vin. Can't car fax work on these it's 81 they started doing car fax that year. I know this car is 100 percent legit when it was in my moms name I got lot trouble with the police the car was impounded and the vin title was fine. They the DMV failed me putting a aspire vin on 81 Buick stupid people. I shouldn't have switch tags for there mess..

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
lmfao talking about hot *ss vin swaps on a internet forum

my insurance puts on my paperwork REGAL T TYPE so im sure my insurance is higher but at least i know im good with all that mess i had a cutlass with those problems and forget all that

and its in my moms name so i know she didnt mention it only gave the vin she dont kno what the hell a t type is lol

dragonmaster093

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2011
your moms insurance should have a record with the vin on it if so they should be able to give the proofof the vin and dmv should be able to go from there

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
lol i bet some of these cars been re tagged more than once, now its a tired hustle done by young punks but back in the day when these cars were 5-10 years old i bet it was big money

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
What a nightmare! I would start gathering any old paperwork you can find and head to the Cook County Secretary of State. If it's any help, the office in Lombard Illinois is exceptionally well-run and the people there are knowledgeable and helpful, nothing at all like the stereotype, which is actually more the rule in Cook County. Since this is a legit situation, I'm sure you'll be able to get it ironed out eventually. I'll ask a couple cop friends of mine too, they may have some advice.

Regal81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2012
Hey Mike that be great thanks, cook county screwed up look the last 2 governors of Illinois behind bars. The DMV in Springfield, you sure I can handle this at Lombard? I thought have go the one on King Drive south side they slow there. I'm not switching tags I know all about it, my gpa sold used cars tou have friend run a junk yard two make some money. I'm grown man this car I bought in 97 after shoveling poop for a vet for a year lol.. I earned this car I get it right I respect all advice given. I'm going take my time with it also..

Regal81

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2012
It's odd problem though 95 Aspire vin number on 81 Buick Regal title how far Lombard from Hammond ind community? Talk to your cop friends see they have any ideas?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
They swapped the vin from the aspire to the regal? Thats insane but I might have misunderstood seeing as this thread has the worst grammer I have ever seen :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor