To Bu or not to Bu......

Status
Not open for further replies.

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Thinking about pulling the trigger on my next G-body.....................it will need window seals and all the rear interior trim.......

IMG-20130108-00014.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
And why wouldn't you? Looks pretty good to me.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Looks nice to me. Looks like it was at a car lot or something by the 79 sticker on the windshield ?

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Evan's 85 said:
Looks nice to me. Looks like it was at a car lot or something by the 79 sticker on the windshield ?
It has and the car lot owner just recently died.....the will try to run it bit wants liquidate some of the cars sitting in the back......that's where the Bu was sitting when I drove by the lot when I spotted it....the look over and test drive is tomorrow......

JRG53

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2011
Petal, MS
As long as you are keeping the Regal!

That thing looks super clean, and again I love the draglite wheels on these cars! I have to ask, what are they wanting for it and what motor is in it?

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Well today I went to test drive the Malibu I was thinking about buying......upon cranking it up it had a very noticeable vibration from just the idle of the engine.....I checked the motor mounts and the trans mounts and nothing was wrong there. During the whole test drive and idling the vibration never totally went away it lessened some but was still there. All the interior plastic is crumbling at the touch of it....and the carpet was wet in the front and back and I couldn't determine where that was coming from.....water was present in the trunk but I know that was a trunk seal. The good was the doors are very solid and closed real well and fairly painted over 2 years ago but showing spot rust in 3 places......he had said I could get it for $3000 BUT he realized had at least $3200 tied up in it and admitted it had been on the lot for at least a year......I countered with $2500 offer......but he still said needed $3200......so now I will take your opinions and guidance on the next steps to walk away or attempt to negotiate a lower price............

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
I would pass. Even $2500 is steep imo if there is water, cause water = rust and who knows what that paint is hidding. Sounds like there is a good reason its been on his lot over a year. To give ya a idea my 1980 Regal was under $1500, just needs rear frame rails and has only one rust spot (above the tail pipe) .... oh and no pool inside. 8)

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
walk away, if the paint job is rusting after 3 years you can know the prep work was shotty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor