To me, this is just nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Ooff Ouffff GIF by memecandy

But ...its a GN, somebody's sadistic enough to take it on...

That someone is probably someone who doesn't know what they're getting into and ends up selling down the road for a fraction of what they paid.

Reactions: 1 users

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Being an 85 hot air car I'd say its worth about 5 or 6 hundred tops. Even GN guys look down their noses at hot air cars. They just don't command that kinda money in that shape. Heck they barely command that kind of money as decent turn key drivers.

Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Being an 85 hot air car I'd say its worth about 5 or 6 hundred tops. Even GN guys look down their noses at hot air cars. They just don't command that kinda money in that shape. Heck they barely command that kind of money as decent turn key drivers.

Agreed, the turbo guys are snobs who only like 86 to 87. Even then, they consider stock intercooled GNs slow and lame. Many would not touch a hot air car if you gave it free to them.

Regardless of model and year, that car is in too rough condition to command that price.

Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
The car posted is definetly overpriced.......but pricing on the hot air cars.....particularly GNs..............has gone through the roof in recent years. I can't explain it....it's not rational.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
if it was at least an intercooled car... maybe. mf dont even have 4 wheels.
everyone wants to hop on the GN train but doesn't get that the hot air cars are almost worthless comparatively.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Some people think they have gold.

Nice tailpipes! Or are those hydraulic jack handles just holding the car up.
1608835883508.png

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The car posted is definetly overpriced.......but pricing on the hot air cars.....particularly GNs..............has gone through the roof in recent years. I can't explain it....it's not rational.
Because idiots are still paying high prices for any iteration of the cars. So even the junky ones seemingly have higher values because idiots keep paying more than they should. As soon as that stops, prices drop. Simple supply and demand.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Because idiots are still paying high prices for any iteration of the cars. So even the junky ones seemingly have higher values because idiots keep paying more than they should. As soon as that stops, prices drop. Simple supply and demand.
BUT, weirdos will still price their crap high, and let them rot into the ground.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

BUT, weirdos will still price their crap high, and let them rot into the ground.

"I know what I gots"

I figure $1000-1500. IF the 8.5 rear is still under it, and there's a TH2004R core, bucket seat cores, maybe some engine parts? Then there's the $50 it'll bring going across the scale.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor