Too much brake pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Did you bleed the hydroboost/power steering system by lifting the front of the vehicle and turn the steering wheel lock to lock a few times?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I used to drive a 2.5 ton Parcel Post truck with hydroboost. It felt just as you described and once I got used to it I thought it normal. Once, the pedal got "nervous", like pulsing when I applied it. The problem was the power steering/hydoboost pump going bad. But the steering still felt fine.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
FE3X I didn't lift the front of the car but I did turn slowly lock to lock a few times. After the last time the steering felt better but next time I will lift the front and do it.

Bonnewagon after doing some reading around the interwebs it seems like it's quite normal unfortunately especially with the radical idle of this engine the power steering pump isn't putting out consistent pressure because of the idle.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Today I went to move the car a couple feet forward so my dad can get his Olds in behind mine for the winter and it took 4 of us just to roll it forward. I knew something was wrong so I jacked up the rear, both wheels spun freely. Then I jacked up the front.....right front is fine but driver's side is locked. And I mean LOCKED. I took out the bleeder screw and got a tiny drip of fluid but it was still locked. I unhooked the brake line at the bottom of the caliper, got fluid like I should but caliper was still locked. So now im wondering if this maybe explains my pedal situation. Im going to get a new caliper and brake hose then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor