took my camino to the race track on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
it was soo cool there was condensation on the windows. and there was only 7-10 cars running since it was a test and tune, it was a sanctioned event for money so everyone quit early. i got there late (starts at 6pm, i got there at 8) and it ends at 11.
^^just some backround on the situation.

cars setup-
'97 vrotec 350 with HOT CAM KIT, edelbrock rpm intake, holley 750 vac. secondary carb, MSD digital 6 and pro billet distributor, 2.02 intake and stock exhaust valves, serpentine belt setup from same '97 truck, flowtech headers, homemade 2 1/2" exhaust with two chamber 40 series mufflers, GM performance parts 16lb nodular iron flywheel, stock replacement DYNA-PAC clutch, T-10, 8.5 3.73 posi axle from un known year coil spring car, air bag in right spring, no hop bars, traction action bars, boxed control arms, frame, and lower control arm mounts, sportsman pro's, COMPETITION ENGINEERING 90/10's in the front, cheater plate setup with 100hp shot jets, holley red fuel pump.

first run without nitrous 13.01 @ 98.XX MPH

best run with 100 shot of nitrous, 12.23 @ 121MPH.

the two previous times a had it at the track without nitrous, MSD and distributor, 8.5 rear, and before the frame and control arm mounts were reinforced i broke a drivers side axle. both times, and i cracked the frame in between the upper and lower control arm mounts.

the best time then was 13.7 and i had to launch at 1500rpm or less cause thats when it pops the 7.5 axles.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
Those are GREAT times, congrats!

You must have had some awesome 60' times. I remember my friend having a b*tch of a time running a 13.9 at that same 98 mph. And that 23 mph jump from a 100 shot of nitrous is insane as well, that engine likes nos.

Now get off your *ss and let's see some 11's :twisted:

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
i weigh 300+ pounds, 11's are an ATKINS visit away. lol

i still havent figured out the theary of 60 ft times, but i will. the ones i got were in between 2.20 and 2.58. my friend explained it to me once, but a hot drunk chick was walking by at the time......so my train of thought was on(der) her skirt. lol
vortecs seem to like a lot of carb and have a lot of torque, so i try and take advantage of it. it pulls like a raped ape.

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Hey man thats cool!! How big are your back tires?? Also, what size is 'stock exhaust valves'?? 1.60 or 1.50??

Mr 4 Speed

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Awesome times (even w/o the bottle)

121 MPH = low 11's with reasonable traction (high 1.7 to a low 1.8 should do it)

what tires are you running? Any traction aids?
The theory of 60 ft times is this:

for every one tenth reduction in your 60 ft. returns a 1.5 tenth reduction in your overall ET

c_unit productions

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2007
florida
my cousin has an 85 regal that we put a 355 flat top 4- eye brow piston, 2.02 closed chamber heads. .525 comp cam solid lift cam, dual plane intake, vaccum secondary holley 600 not jetting or nothing, 3.73 gear, and a 26" slick and went 8.44 in the 1/8th first pass and went right back out after a few minutes and ran an 8.34 at 86 mph. that car has everything in it cause he just wanted to see what the motor would do before we lifted it to put some 26" wheels on it. my other cousin has a 76 nova that we built a 355 1.25 dome piston, .493 .513 solid lift blu racer cam, 2.02 heads, open plane team g intake, and an 750 holley double pumper with the proform main body to make it an 850, 4.56 gear mini spool, and a 28x10.5 tire and went 7.90 in the 1/8th and 12.48 in the 1/4 at around 1:00 in the afternoon and it was pretty hot. i had an 80 regal with a small block 400 bored .030, flat top keith black pistons, .580 .600 roller crane cam, 2.08 dart cast iron heads, stock crank and rods open plane team g intake and the same carb that was on the nova and went the best of 7.26 in the 1/8th and consistent 7.30's all motor. the regal was ladder bar ford 9" 28x10.5 slicks 4.56 spool 8 point cage. that motor used to be in my street car that i drove everyday too. got a few more on the way that we r building to get a little money by racing these guys round here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor