took my cutlass to the track today

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008
near london ontario canada
Took mine to the track.best it would do today was 13.44 in the 1/4. Car has 30 over 454 with comp cam xe268 cam with a performer intake.850 holley vac secondary carb.should mention was with stock rear end. And 14 inch street tires spinning what felt like forever.most of my 60 foot times were around 3.3 sec. Trap speed was betwern 102 and 107 mph. Heres a video of it. Was 1 of my better launches. Easing into the throttle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3xDfINy ... e=youtu.be

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Your trap speeds indicate that the car is good for mid-12s. Get some better rubber on that thing. :)

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
I agree- you need traction. With that much power, youre better off at least with Mickey Thompson sprtsman tires in the rear, but better to get some drag radials or et street tires

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
What gears are in there?

To beat the dead horse.

Tires
Tires
Tires

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
I cant tell, was there water in the burnout box? Never drive thru the water with street tires, they throw water into the fenderwells during the burnout, where it can later drip out on the tires and track as you are staging. Just to repeat, you need more traction, with that much torque I would expect to see some frame flex on launch, unless it is braced up really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor