Top 10 ways to tell it's out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryer1979

Apprentice
Oct 10, 2007
The Sticks, Ca.
www.myspace.com
1. Your girlfriend or wife has jealous issues with your car.

2. A search of your bathroom closet reveals one playboy and 7,348,000 car magazines.

3. The kitchen cabinets contain: a Holley 4150, a pair of wire cutters, three Hot Wheels, a hand written list of ways to lighten your G-body, and a Moroso sticker.

4. Your screen saver is a picture of your car.

5. you carry wallet size pictures of your car doing a burnout.

6. you own at least 4 albums filled with pictures of cars from years passed, including step-by-steps of a rear-end swap.

7. You shave before a race fro two reasons: less weight, and lower drag co-efficient.

8. The room goes silent when you show your friends your genuine used top fuel piston.

9. You actually have an amusing story to tell about your block being honed.

10. You tell your girlfriend to get out while you race the Mustang next to you, (hey, it's a tenth!)

11. The cable TV has been shut off, but the new aluminum water pump is on.

OK, so it is really 11, the sad thing is I am really guilty of a lot of these. How bout you?

No girlfriend or wife-would take money away from the 2 cars and 1 truck ( shopping for car #4 now with no plans to unload any of the other 3)

40 car magazines in the bathroom and no p*rn

Passenger's seat to the Cutlass in the laundry room, door panels in the kitchen, dash on the sofa, new carpet in my bedroom closet, spare bedroom dedicated to car parts, etc ( there is more, but not enough room to describe it all...)

My wallpaper is a pic of the engine in my Cutlass. I even have a name for the engine: The Ugly 350

I carry a laptop with 200 pictures of my cars in varying states of disarray, and all of my Myspace photos are of my car ( I have no pic of myself on there)

Disturbingly, I do have an amusing story about having a block bored...

No girlfriend-10 is N/A

Cable is shut off, $733 worth of paint is getting ready to be applied...

wow, im in trouble

you might be a g body but if........ lol

1.my girlfriend and likely future wife actually SUPPORTS my car addiction most of the time. she actually yells at me sometimes when i do not work on my projects, tells me to get beer and go to the garage so i that i have "me" time, lol

2. bathroom closit does not contain any mags at all but the computer does strangely contain many files to resemble the described liberary.

3. kitchen cabinets do not have any car parts but i do get yelled at for using bowls, utensels and other random kitchen items for working on cars.

4.my screen saver is a slide show of the good guys car show i went to last summer but my backround at home and work is in fact always showing 1 of my 4 cars.

5.i do not have a picture of my car in my wallet, i do infact need to purchase a new printer that i have been putting off for 2 years because i find that car parts are higher on the list.

6. i have albums of my own car, many many pages of random g bodies and i even have poster sized frames filled with current and past cars that i have been working on.

the rest of it does not apply to me but i do have amusing stories about g bodies, the cable company has threatened to shut the cable off before becasue i found it more important to buy a parts car and the girlfriend would probably try to throw me out of the car to race the mustang, lol.

Since this list was a generic thing that some friends and I came up with, I will show you how it breaks down for me.

!. this is the one I can't say for me. My wife is very supportive of my addiction, in fact she loves it and has a project/toy of her own and wants more, (her list is just as big as mine)

2. I bought one p*rn mag when I turned 18 along with a pack of cigarettes. Both are still sealed in their packages. I do have all of the magazines from all 9 car magazines I have been subscribed to for the last 12 years or so. Plus many odds and ends I've picked up in stores.

3. Since getting married and buying a house, I also aquired a shop so my car stuff stays there most of the time. When we wrote this years ago, my appartments were always filled with car parts, projects, and tools.

4. Nope pictures from various vacations

5. Yes, smokey doughnuts actually

6. There is not enough space in this forum to explain how I am with all of this. I just say there is WAY more than 4 albums.

7. If I thought it would work, I would. You should see the piles of car pieces I have left in the pits while I raced

8. yup, and a used Hoosier too!

9. oh yeah, the machine fell apart!

10. would be hard to convince her to get out, she likes to egg me on too much.

11. Haven't had TV since I moved out of my parents house ten years ago. I knew exactly where that money would go.

1. Wife does NOT have jealous issues with my car. BUT she prefers I keep the bench seat instead of buckets. Sorry honey.

2. No mags in the bathroom.

3. The old kitchen cabinets are now in my garage (solid oak). they contain books, car parts, and yes laundry soap as it is part laundry room.

4. No screen saver. Background is my dog (a dachshund)

5. No wallet pictures. I have one of my wife when she was in high school (about 3 years before we met).

6. No photo albums, just what I have on my computer.

7. I don't shave.

8. You actually a scary story of a coil spring compressor breaking on me (next time, I won't use an impact wrench).

1. when my wife and i were dating she actually left me because I was spending to much time working on my '59 belaire 2dr. hence my login name and most of my freinds called me wolf "back in the day". she finally took the good with the bad

2. Well its my bedroom closet and its about 50/50 mix i like cars and love B :shock: :shock: BIES

3.HA,HA,HA this is funny, also another reason for #1

4. actually its a slide show of ones previously owned by me and freinds of mine desktop is also

5. I used to of my '69 chevelle and my '59 but have since been glued to my toolbox at work

6. they went for wallpaper and under the glass of a table top at a freinds garage (witch also doubles as his house :shock: )

7. :?

8. its an inner fender off of a '67 skylark with a massive dent from a piston coming through the side of a 305. my motor- my freinds car

9. actually I do, and its my latest engine

10. ha ha yeah rite, she won't let me have a car/truck with bucket seats. yes i took the good with the bad also :wink:

11. what t.v. ? waste of time and I only get on the computer at work :twisted:

there's gotta be something wrong with us 😛

Anyone else here use a screened in front porch for parts storage? I have 3 transmissions, 4 wheels and tires, a hatchback for my AMC along with 2 fenders, a hood and a door for my AMC plus the bumper covers and header panel for the Olds, a shop vac and 2 work benches on mine. I also have axle shafts by my front door ( GM 7.5 spares) and various sanders and bodywork tools out there. I ran out of room in my garage and the porch is the overflow... Did I mention the CD player stored in my master bath and the subwoofers on the vanity in the guest bathroom?

Ha ha ha! that sounds just like all my old bachler pads! I used to use bucket seats from various Camaros as furniture, and two 350 blocks held up a piece of particle board for a coffee/dinner table. A 454 block always held the TV (i've aquired many DVDs). I married the only girlfriend I ever had that thought it all was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor