Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
You keepin' the V6 or any parts?

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
You keepin' the V6 or any parts?
I'll reuse the whole AC system & power steering pump, & maybe a few other small things. I rebuilt the top end of the V6 last year & redid all of the emissions stuff, so I'll have all that, plus a rebuilt carb with a few hundred miles on it. If nobody wants the motor I'll pull all of the good stuff of and scrap it.

Reactions: 1 user

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
Only thing that might bug me with a mechanical setup like this is a lack of hysteris, i.e. at just the right throttle angle it would hunt back and forth between locked and unlocked? Or does the delay valve somehow play into that?
The delay relay and adjustable vacuum switch definitely helps with tuning that out.

Reactions: 2 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
I'll reuse the whole AC system & power steering pump, & maybe a few other small things. I rebuilt the top end of the V6 last year & redid all of the emissions stuff, so I'll have all that, plus a rebuilt carb with a few hundred miles on it. If nobody wants the motor I'll pull all of the good stuff of and scrap it.
If you can get me a picture i would still be interested in some things. Possibly the Exhaust crossover pipe w/ manifolds. Is your car a Vin A or Vin 2? (For the eng).

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
Delays when turning on, and then resets for another 10 sec delay as soon as power is interrupted on coil side from stop light switch or vacuum switch. Ebay item # 142573570113 , sold by motoringmax

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
TBH...I don't remember what I did to my '81 Regal 3.8L 3 speed auto w TCC back in '91. I carefully unplugged all the wires that went to sensors leaving them connected to the ecm, neatly wrapped them up and tucked them up into the right inner fender. In went the Buick 455 with the original TCC trans. I believe I used the original trigger wire to the TCC but cut it adding a switch. I would let it shift on it's own into 3rd gear at which I would toggle the switch to on and the TCC would engage. Disengage with application of the brakes. I can't remember how it functioned if I forgot to turn the switch off. Seem to recall that it engaged too early to my liking hence adding a switch. Keep in mind that the attached pic is for a '87 Monte Carlo SS but hopefully will help clear up what parameters need to be met to engage/disengage the TCC. BTW...on one of my buddies S10 we employed a relay that worked in conjunction with the 4th gear oil pressure switch which only allowed it to engage in 4th.

CCC TCC '87SS.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

brrian

Master Mechanic
Jul 7, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
If you can get me a picture i would still be interested in some things. Possibly the Exhaust crossover pipe w/ manifolds. Is your car a Vin A or Vin 2? (For the eng).
Sorry... missed this until now. It's VIN A. It won't be out probably for another month or two but when it is I'll let you know.

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Sorry... missed this until now. It's VIN A. It won't be out probably for another month or two but when it is I'll let you know.
Cool, the Only difference i know of in the manifolds are 81 And up CCC (Computer) system ones. They're a different design than pre-80, the crossover pipe is the same. I had to resort to using 81 manifolds on my eng. but now where it exists from the on the RH side it's extremely tight next too the frame rail so i almost doubt i will be able to get an exhaust on my car. and there is really no way to change the crossover pipe / manifolds with the engine in the car. Once you break off the studs in the manifold to remove the crossover pipe (which i did too my old ones) they're junk. I tried to drill em out and broke off the ears... No options for them "new" online.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor